Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling with Snowpulse

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right so I thought I would give everyone an update on travelling with my snowpulse during this winter season. 2 trips down so here goes!

30th December - London Heathrow to Geneva with BA from T5.

Read through the BA website before I travelled and it seems they are happy to take it as long as I let them know. So rang customer services (got through straight away surprising) and advised them what I had. They asked was I going to take it on board and I said no (believe they allow both but put mine in the hold) and they said fine no problem I will make a note on your booking reference.

So, got to heathrow checked in bags and hey presto no problem.!

9th Jan - Geneva to Luton with Easyjet.

Went through their website prior to leaving and did not see anything relating to avalanche rescue pack etc but saw all the relevate do and dont on what they can or cannot take. So decided to chance my arm and not tell the airline.

Checked in and dropped off the bag at outside baggage and hey presto the next thing I know I am at Luton and there is my bag.

29th Jan - Gatwick to Grenoble with Thomson

Was a bit worried about this one, not only for the airline but for the fact that I was flying to the most "pain in the back bottom" airport ever!

So again checked the baggage requirements from Thomson and again no mention of rescue packs etc so yet again I decided not to tell the airline.

After the worst ever check in ever (do not fly with thomson from Gatwick early morning, as we got there 2 hours before the flight and only got checked in with 30 mins to go!) I checked in my bags and again no problems. Bag turned up ok in Grenoble!

5th february - Grenoble to Gatwick with Thomson

My biggest fear - back at Grenoble, the airport that won't even let you take your helmet into departures without checking it in.!

Times seem to have changed though as I noticed a lot of people had helmets in departures, if I had known I would have got extra brownie points by not having to squeeze it in the girlfriends bag!

So anyway. checked in again without the airline knowing. All seemed to go ok, bag through gate 7 to outsize scanners. Decided to watch the end of the rugby in the departures area (landside)before going through to the gates.

Calling Mr XXXXXXX please go to gate 7!!!

Turned up again at gate 7 with a security guy and a policeman waiting for me. They asked me to fill in a declaration form and then open my bag! I knew straight away what they were after and handed them the cannister (in its box and polystyrene surround) and the security guy said "avalanche" in his best english accent and I said yes. He took it away to the policeman and another colleague and said avalanche a few times, I hovered and asked Cest Bon and he turned and said Perfect! Much to my amazment eh! I repacked the bag. they let me go and I made it back to Gatwick to a waiting bag!

So there you go, it seems a lot rosier out there travelling with the Snowpulse (sorry ABS holders, I cannot comment). My suggestion is therefore not to waste your time with telling the airlines and just stick it in.

Hope the above assists people as I was worrying prior to my trip at Christmnas.

All the best

Mark
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy