Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tell me about Burton V rocker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to test some boards, whats the custom v rocker like?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's like all the other Burton snowboards, really badly made so it bends alot. This time rather than try and strengthen it to stay flat / straight that just jumped on the rocker bandwagon and called it V Rocker. Maybe it's time to grow up and learn to ski? Puzzled NehNeh
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
never!!!!!!! old dog new tricks!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw this burton v custom board in tsa I have no Idea what its for but its the the most wobbly thing I have ever seen, like a roller coaster.So wobbly its worth a mention.
Its hard to think, whatever combination of camber and rocker it has, what its target market is .
I could not imagine a pair of skis with this roller coaster thing going on, ever.
Only on that commom sense basis Iwould be out for certain unless ridden in different conds.

Surely a never summer is not the same,it looked like double camber, under the bindings with banana in the middle,guess the v was in the tip like a bataleon perhaps or a surfboard.

I Did see a Jones Flagship though ,161 and 168 (in TSA westfield shopping) centre £449 i think and It would probably hold its value well vs the roller coaster burton.
I remember the burton bindings that had a lawn mower pull ratchet thing,that was bizare too.

They also had the Jones all mountain model in a few lenghts as well this was interesting as looked quite versitile about £410

They are,nt selling much in TSA, if you negotiate hard now before mid term, they might bend over a little bit,as dec was huge and jan was stone dead, so they are feeling the jan pinch.

Roughneck, one board I know of, alot of people seem very happy buying for a first board, is a Atomic Hatchet, so it will always resell well and not expensive or possibly bizare latest rocker combo.
Sometimes safe and sure and not a large ££ outlay is a good bet if starting out with a expensive sport .

But after being in that shop for a all round board pick, for anywhere on a mountain it would be the jones mountain, if Ihad to take a punt right then.Bet they hold value as well, if you wanted to change later.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 8-02-11 12:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've had Plenty of people swing by to sell them in the shop. We said, no.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Love the look of the Jones, but I need an all mountain and not some big back country ride. My old board is a Ride 'Fleetwood'
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, one Jones model in TSA "is a all mountain brd model" called the "Mountain Twin" and was not big, stiff or heavy at all ,I handled it, at £410 for the first time seeing a Jones brd.
The Jones or TSA website would give you the sales spiel on it, as I know little about it,other than I think its rocker profile will work, as I rode very similar profile dec/jan in a range of conds, like piste, good powder and solid tracked refrozen off piste.

Thats alot more than I could say for the burton custom v roller coaster which looked a risky choice at best, without riding it.
I think this is burtons copy of libtech, neversummer or batteleon or something like that but don,t really know.

I looked at that jones mountain twin and a Yes Optimistic which is kinda similar class and rocker profile but the yes was bigger, heavy ala your fleetwood.
I never consider these compromise all mountain boards myself but design things have changed now and it may well be, quite versatile anywhere ie fun, especially in softer euro snow.
One all mountain brd, that you can see and handle in store anyway but alot more ££ than a Atomic hatchet although both will have good resale value.

Atomic is a underated brand, probably same as Head ( look at skiing results), all these companys like nidecker that makes YES,Jones and others, have the R&D programs and the money to run them.
Burton just built a R&D facility called Craigs, (after Kelly) it can do 2000 prototype brds, even make one in a day.

All those little companys can,t match that but you still need to sift out the gold... or silver will do for a weeks hols.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
all bataleon boards are camber. burtons flying V is good, next year it is mellower, if you cant ride it then get some lessons.
Jones ride well but are made by nidecker which is basically polishing a turd. The top sheet on the flagship in my experience gets wet under the bindings so I cant see that lasting. Next years jones look very good though, all boards come in a split or normal version even the hovercraft.
The jones mountain twin rides like a custom.
Best rocker solutions IMO are the salomon rocqualizer, rides lowpro/prorize and nitros gullwing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and atomic have dropped the stick for a few years now, and head didnt even have a stick to start off with.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had a look at the mountain twin, wow I want one!! Any one know if I can test one in La Plagne?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

if you cant ride it then get some lessons.

+1

If you don't know why a board is flexible or why it has a rocker then don't buy one!... and I ain't gonna tell you!
parlor, nice trolling rolling eyes

http://youtube.com/v/htNBwV5yLdU
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
at work, youtube is blocked. One more week then back home. All I need is a good board, not been for over 6 years!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy