Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

and a new topic - Wengen...

Poster: A snowHead
Is 29th Jan 2005 ok for a trip ? Is there usually enough snow? Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
aw shucks - i meant 2006
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hope so as I intend to arrive there on the 28th and stay for a month or so !

How are you planning on going ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, it's your lucky date. Go for it (unless you want to take a risk and be sure of snow, but not accommodation).

Snow is a cumulative commodity. Plenty of it should have cumed by then. If I wanted to ski Wengen again, I'd do it between late Jan and end Feb.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, I don't see how even D G Orf would know if there's usually enough snow on 29th January 2006. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman, God and I have an understanding.... If I'm in Wengen during the winter there will be enough snow to ski, although I have to admit that there was one year that we got a bit too much snow wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, what's your side of the bargain? wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman, I can't go to any other resort, plus I have to convert as many people as possible to Wengen Fanatics
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dont know, never heard of it Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf, I see, the Wengen-ites are the chosen ones!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman, of course wink Hey even a Japanese Emperor called the area a holy place like Mt Fuji Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
erica2004, Take care now, or D G Orf, will be signing you up to attend expensive seminars and do chat shows in order to promote the noble cause Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny, Laughing Laughing Laughing No I have no need for such gimmicks, one visit is all it takes for most people to be convinced snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, rather than seeking one lady companion, have you thought that you may get more luck by advertising for a dozen Jungfrau disciples?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Wengen, Lauberhorn, mid-Jan 2005
ski holidays
laundryman, Hmm what an interesting idea ..... Guru David doesn't quite seem to work though Sad
snow report
D G Orf, just go the whole hog and start a cult.
snow conditions
D G Orf, Praise the Orf... The Resort According to the Orf.... The Book of D G....... Jungfrau.. (ism) snowHead
ski holidays
Keep the suggestions coming I'm starting to like the idea wink
latest report
snowbunny wrote:
D G Orf, Praise the Orf... The Resort According to the Orf.... The Book of D G....... Jungfrau.. (ism) snowHead

what medication are you on for that injury ? Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
erica2004, If the snow is bad in Wengen you could visit Murren
latest report
Orf's funk house
snow report
David Goldsmith, lol

erica2004, check out Flybe flights from Southampton to Berne now !!
snow report
It is a lovely place, and the snow at that time this year was out of this world. I have not skied such lovely snow in many a year.

Grant you next year might not be so good but I still love the resort. You will see me out there also as I go out there for the last week in January and the first week in February each year.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, you forgot this Shocked
latest report
D G Orf, There is no need to brag Laughing
snow report
snowbunny, I have to say that we always used to see the crew from that organisation setting up camera positions etc. before the Lauberhorn race each year, very annoying as they used to have ORF clearly emblazoned across their jackets etc. We used to joke that they were wearing our jackets Laughing
snow conditions
D G Orf, A TV station, a Funkhaus, is there no stopping your business empire Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny, not sure ! I also found a place breeding show Golden Retrivers = Of Golden Orf

However on the down side if we allow variations of spelling there's also a type of fish and a disease of sheep ! Laughing

However none of the above have any connection to me, though I have to admit the thought of owning the Austrian equivalent to the BBC is attractive Laughing
snow report
D G Orf, You could always take out a trademark on your name, and make some money Cool
snow report
..or, do you think the last week in Feb might be better?
D G Orf, there is an 8.00am flight from Birmingham to Berne. This is about a 3hr drive for us, maybe a bit less. We'll travel with Inghams and stay in the hotel you suggested - Alpenrose?
snow report
erica2004, I'd go for early feb rather than late Feb as it's less busy, otherwise go for it, Inghams will arange a transfer coach from Bern to Lauterbrunnen if they're supplying both transport and hotel, yes the Hotel Alpenrose which is where I expect to be.
snow conditions
We interrupt this transmission to bring you an Orf testcard. Please do not adjust your set.
snow report
erica2004, Inghams have in previous years flown from Gatwick to Berne (chartering Flybe),have you checked if they still do ?? Would save you the long drive etc.

You could also buy room only with Inghams and fly from Southampton with Flybe..

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 1-07-05 15:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
erica2004, If you were to go from Southampton on the Saturday 28th Jan we could share a minibus or something as I'm hoping 3 other friends will be coming with me that weekend.
ski holidays
Chris - not everyone lives in the city!! We live near Tavistock in Devon, so Birmingham is closer than Gatwick! D G - am still in the negotiating phase with the husband as he wants to go to Zermatt.....
latest report
erica2004, No problem, just let me know
snow conditions
sorry erica2004, dont live in England so don't know distances etc.... good luck with the negotiating,hope you decide on the better area wink
snow conditions
erica2004 wrote:
Chris - not everyone lives in the city!! We live near Tavistock in Devon, so Birmingham is closer than Gatwick! D G - am still in the negotiating phase with the husband as he wants to go to Zermatt.....

I'm not sure I'd care, Zermatt or Wengen are both excellent, you could toss a coin really for me Very Happy
snow conditions
Zermatt or Murren.......Murren hands down but thats me as i kind of like Murren ALOT
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy