Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone here fly LGW-Innsbruck on 29/01?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did anyone else here suffer the nightmare of the 0600 Monarch flight from Gatwick - Innsbruck on Jan 29th?

Got on the plane in usual time and manner, so far so good... Taxied to runway, hmm almost there.... full thrust for takeoff, and take off aborted. Sat on taxi way at end of runway for over an hour whilst they treid to fix fault, then back to stand and into the terminal building. Still better they aborted 25% of the way down the tarmac as opposed to 75% i guess!! Shocked

7hrs later, yeah thats SEVEN (count em Mad ) hours later we get put on another plane and fly out.

Monarch seemed determined to 'fix' the original plane as they kept on delaying all further flights that day rather than just getting us a different plane.

We got a fiver each and free drinks on the plane when we did finally get to go. They have never served so much in flight alcohol!

Just came back today, as im sure most here will know Innsbruck cannot handle any volume of travellers.

Got checked in and then realised they had issued 2 tickets for the mrs and none for my boy, so had to queue up to get that sorted, they started boarding early and were issuing final call when we were still queuing for security.

What makes me laugh about Innsbruck is the bus from the plane to the building, it is a fact that it would be so much quicker to walk the 25m to the building than get on the bus. By the time the bus has taken you to the building you could of walked, gone through passport control and be waiting for your bags Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buses make it easier to keep an eye on the self-loading freight, I suppose. You had bad luck on your outbound flight- but maybe they didn't have another plane they could lay on at short notice. Or it could be that spares were promised but didn't turn up as quickly as hoped - or that the maintenance guys took longer than they had expected. Stuff happens. Not fun when it does, though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monarch LGW - Grenoble 0610 29/12 .

Nearly the same thing . The ground staff couldnt get the fuel filler cap back on and flight was delayed .

For some reason the plane had 2 captains ( probably a check flight or staff illness ) and one of the captains went out to fix the problem.

All fixed in 10 mins and rest of flight continued without incident . Monarch would not have been popular if they hadnt fixed the problem , 2 slots missed and 2 planes on the tarmac , both broken.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy