Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rock Garden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went to have a look at the Rock Garden today

The access is straight up from the track across the Lac de Vaux. Pistes in nice condition.

Sketchy access. A few too many rocks showing

Nice view from this side. Mt Blanc in the background

chrisandmich on the bootpack

Looking up to Mt Gele

Some nice snow on the shaded faces

Chris in the afternoon sunshine

Good snow here compared to the Gentianes bumps background right

Mt Gele had some good chalky stuff but definitely a no fall zone in the harder snow conditions

On the traverse back to Attelas

You've gotta love the M25....

Started late but still some reasonable snow to be found on the north facing pitches and pistes holding up very well. Good to see some freshies on the radar snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 6-02-11 0:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sweet
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that'll be why it's called rock garden? lovely example of how you can find good skiing even when all the media are saying there's none.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice day out Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Rock Garden, After the first pitch we traversed left back up onto ridge line. Over the ridge there were some tracks leading down another valley - vallon d left, Tortin right. Is this hidden valley? Where does it come out. Any good?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BobinCH, tis hidden valley. you have to know when to stop and start walking out along a road/track about 30 min walk out to prarion (bottom of plan de fou) or apparently you can walk savolyeres direction but never done it. goodness knows where you'd end up if you miss the track but I can guarrantee it'd be a long walk and/or and expensive taxi ride!

love the M25 picture and that's at a relatively quiet time of year!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BobinCH, If you ring ahead the resto at Prarion will come and pick you up on a skidoo, saving most of the walk out, but you do need to know how to find the path!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice pictures! Having been there last week I can vouch for the M25 madness - although that looks quite quiet compared to some times!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My knees still feel those Gentianes bumps, and I've been off them for two weeks!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where's the M25?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Which resort are these pictures from?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Verbier
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, between Attelas and Ruinettes by the look of it
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gilo, Steve Sparks, thanks. Sounds like it's very lucky we didn't follow the tracks then! If you've done it, is it a good ski?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BobinCH, The top is super, did it 10 days ago, still good snow. The route we took was around the summit of Le Fou and climb the last 50m of grand couloir. Then 4 or 5 pitches of lovely stuff before crossing some evil ava debris and finding the track. I was with Seb from Powder Extreme and wouldn't be sure to find the track again by myself.

Also the Cafe Des Alpes at Prarion is lovely- one of the best terraces in the 4V.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy