Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

REVIEW: Whitedot Freeride Preacher (And whitedot themselves)

Poster: A snowHead
scotia wrote:
I like my fat skis but you are definitely missing out!!

I don't think so. I've skied piste skis (only rentals though) and, to be honest, wasn't blown away. But you have to bear in mind that I am still a relative newb - have only done 11 weeks in 2.5 seasons - and of those, only 4 weeks on piste skis. The rest of the time on the Pilgrims, which are skinny-ish!

I can't see myself going sub-90mm as I do more off piste.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ww166no, PS speaking of the 11th - any chance of a lift from mine into Cham in your shiny motor, as i have 2pairs of skis i need to demount, plug and remount and no car until the 12th. Pretty please.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ww166no wrote:
I too will be in Cham for 6 weeks from 4/3 . . .

We'll have to go for a bevvy, midgetbiker too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="fatbob"]
Zero-G wrote:
fatbob wrote:
I've got both Redeemers and Preachers and think the Director looks like the spec I'd identified as the ultimate one ski quiver.

But factor in what you want to do , if groomers are something that you view as ok if there is no other option or as a warm up then a 1 ski quiver might be very different to someone who "wants to take piste performance to the backcountry" or other such gibberish. I'm not a rocker veteran but I like my Redeemers and they are a lot more versatile than I thought they'd be. I'm not a purist ('cos that's for squares) and like the pivoty fun you can have. I'm not sure I've got the balls to try them with seriously exposed icy traverses but that's more a reflection on me than their capabilities. So I totally get a scaled down Redeemer which the Director looks like and in fact suggested it in my original Redeemer review somewhere here and think it would compare strongly against say a Gotama which used to be a benchmark ski in that sort of class.

(apologies to any squares out there wink )

Interesting, fatbob because that's exactly what I thought after skiing the Redeemers too snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, you da man. I wish I could slarve my turns as good as you but I'm clearly far too square and am far too old-school to introduce that nu-skool sliding sideways into all of my on-piste turns on my 100mm skis Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sideshow_Bob, I know my limitations and the perfect carve is one of them. I'm never going to get my Ted the Shred 360 deg badge either. Anyway 100mm, do they still make mens' skis that skinny? wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
midgetbiker wrote:
ww166no, PS speaking of the 11th - any chance of a lift from mine into Cham in your shiny motor, as i have 2pairs of skis i need to demount, plug and remount and no car until the 12th. Pretty please.

No prob, but you'll have to remind me! I may or may not check my phone as I see fit!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero-G wrote:
ww166no wrote:

No prob there either, I'm sure midgetbiker can afford to buy us both one!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob wrote:
Sideshow_Bob, I know my limitations and the perfect carve is one of them. I'm never going to get my Ted the Shred 360 deg badge either. Anyway 100mm, do they still make mens' skis that skinny? wink

only in 165cm with 11m radius for full-face-helmet gate-runners I believe... Not usually seen where there is decent snow though.. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
midgetbiker wrote:

Only One pair now wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yep, and seeing I can't do it until the 12th I should have my own transport
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ww166no wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

No prob, but you'll have to remind me! I may or may not check my phone as I see fit!

oooo, get back in the drawer, Mr Sharp

& thank you, obviously.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 4-03-11 13:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ww166no wrote:
Zero-G wrote:
ww166no wrote:

9 in the morning and he is clearly drinking already Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ww166no wrote:

I'm sure I can afford a round too. I'm not a ski bum... yet Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
midgetbiker wrote:

Erm... exactly what sort of company are you keeping, mister? And you're going to let him drive!
ski holidays
Zero-G wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

Erm... exactly what sort of company are you keeping, mister? And you're going to let him drive!

Hey, steady on, I might be delusional about the chances of prising open midgetbikers wallet, but I haven't been on the sauce. . . just yet!

Just arrived in Cham, lovely sunny day!
ski holidays
ww166no, You got a box, it's got crabs or lobster or maybe a crocodile in it.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
ww166no, You got a box, it's got crabs or lobster or maybe a crocodile in it.

I am confused, you have confused me, well done. Confused
snow report
midgetbiker, I suspect it's SZK-speak for "A package - long enough to fit a crocodile - has arrived at the boot lab for you." Of course, that is a wild guess and I will deny it vehemently if I'm wrong wink
latest report
Of course, it's obvious really, I was clearly being obtuse.
latest report
midgetbiker wrote:
I was clearly being obtuse.

I missed that Embarassed Off to punish myself...
snow report
Zero-G wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

Zero-G I'm glad you explained that, I had no idea what he was talking about either, but you'll be right - it'll be a box alright with a nice new ice axe in it . . . not bright enough to work out the crustaceous/reptile reference, but I'm sure it'll come to me shortly . . . perhaps I need a drink afterall!

SMALLZOOKEEPER thank you for looking after my crusty reptile, please leave it in the box and don't put your hand inside. . . . got any beers left?
ski holidays
ww166no, Never enough, thirsty that Crocodile. Toofy Grin
latest report
Zero-G wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

I quess I could have meant that I was being sooo cleverly sarcastic that you missed my clever humour.

But, no, I meant I was being thick, because I was. So it is I who should be Embarassed

But I'm not Laughing
snow conditions
Terrible thread rot, just terrible... Very Happy
snow report
Zero-G wrote:
Terrible thread rot, just terrible... Very Happy

Thread rot? Just rot mostly I think. . . Ah so what? We all love Whitedots, why not talk about something else?

Any one in Cham next week? I'm here on my tod (SZK excepted) . . . save me from his crabby 'wit' someone please.
ski holidays
I'll be there in 15 days time. Still trying to work out the logistics of taking both ski and camera equipment. I have enough baggage allowance but not enough hands.

By the way, any of you out there willing to be photo sluts for a day or two? I'm ready to take the big guns out on skis and want to get shots like these, but with skiers this time, rather than alpinists:

ski holidays
What, no takers? Even if you can't ski very well I will make you look like a ski god Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zero-G, do you have someone you can send your skis to ahead of time?
snow report
Zero-G wrote:
What, no takers? Even if you can't ski very well I will make you look like a ski god Madeye-Smiley

I doubt you could make me look like a ski god Zero-G, but if you're going to get the big guns out . . . Very Happy
snow conditions
scotia, nope. But I do have a rule: if I can't carry it, then I can't pack it. So I'll be sacrificing a few other things.

ww166no, with good angles and the right light most things are possible wink
ski holidays
Zero-G, 10 of us are going on a ski touring "stag" on 31st March if you fancy some backcountry shots...
ski holidays
Thanks dougljam, have sent you a PM.
snow report
Zero-G, given the weather we've had this year we are desperate for action shots. Anything with Whitedots blasting through powder will do, I can supply Whitedots but where we'll get some powder I don't know.

I'm around Chamonix a fair bit over the next 8 weeks, maybe we can see if we can beat the pro's at their own game. ww166no will be there too, don't worry Twisted Evil
ski holidays
ww166no, a few of the shots from the couloir in the Vallee in Jan look pretty good. I tried to pry them off the laptop of our Ragnarok telemarking photographer in Munich but he insists he will post them to a web album, so we will have to wait.
snow report
midgetbiker, Definitely up for that, have sent you a PM.

ww166no, you'll have to scrub up for the camera!
snow report
midgetbiker, I'm up for it too, am in Les Gets from the 12th but willing to travel to help out....especially if you can find me some powder!
snow report
Ok, someone convince me to buy Redeemers instead of Super S7s Smile Both available for about the same price... must resist temptation....
ski holidays
Super 7s? Never even heard of them!
latest report
Chattonmill, are you handy on skis? Are you photo slut material? Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy