Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mooser vs KK

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry about the above.

I tried to edit and got my tips crossed!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dr John wrote:
I don't change my personality or musical taste when I go skiing, so I don't feel the need to adhere to the cliche of the MW/KK apres scene. Cultural fascism isn't pleasant, so please don't presume to tell me what I do and don't like.

Quiet/mellow/chilled out/sophisticated/intelligent conversation drinking, when done immediately after skiing, is also apres. If the kids and the "one week of freedom a year so I'm going to act like I did when I was 20" brigade want to do that then great, it leaves more space in the decent bars for me and my mates to stretch out in.

You've misunderstood what I mean.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not liking apres, and wanting something quieter. That's up to you and what you prefer.

But apres isn't just the translation of 'after skiing' - it is a certain type of partying/drinking. Doesn't matter to me whether you like it or not!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

it is a certain type of partying/drinking

That's your subjective view on it, and it's specifically an Austrian view. Perhaps a new word is required for Austrian Apres as opposed to generic apres. Preferably a German word, not a French one.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nach Ski Sauferei.

http://www.dict.cc/deutsch-englisch/Sauferei.html

http://cdn.7static.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/008/945/0000894590_350.jpg
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr John, it does not matter what it is called from my reading of your posts, you do not like it and consider yourself superior for having that standpoint. Getting good snow up there so high on your pedestal are you? Laughing

It is recognised by all and sundry as Apres Ski wherever you are. Each skiing nation has a different interpretation. The correct French would be Après Ski, with the accent most of us would recognise it as such and that the French version is often somewhat more restrained but not necessarily more cultured wink

DB Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

That's your subjective view on it, and it's specifically an Austrian view. Perhaps a new word is required for Austrian Apres as opposed to generic apres. Preferably a German word, not a French one.

I think you'll find it's quite boisterous in Italy, Andorra, Swtizerland....and I've dj'ed to full on crowds in Val Thorens (Rendez-Vous) Alp D'Huez (The Undergound) (The bar of Le Sporting to a 90% gay crowd) and that was playing proper house music at about 5 O'Clock when I finished skiing myself.

So don't give it borders....Apres in whatever form is borderless, that's what makes is great.....Brits dancing with Irish, French dancing Germans, Italians dancing with Russians......if you fancy a nice glass of wine/beer and a sit down after your day on the mountain, great......it's the same as Mick from Dublin or Antonio from Rome like being up on the table pretending they know the words to a techno-ed up version of a German bierhalle sing-a-long.

Could be worse???.....you could be at home while we're all here.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Nach Ski Sauferei

me likey.
Am Samstag, werde ich vor und nach Rugby Sauferei Very Happy (not gramatically correct I know) but looking forward nonetheless
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Moose all the way. Unless I'm in Schladming or Hintertux then it's the Tenne. Mayrhofen the Bruckenstadl ....... I could go on.

As for the apres question in general, yes you can apres anywhere, but in Austria it is APRES !!!

A bit like choosing between a green run or a nice big fat steep and deep off pisty beasty. Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB,
Quote:

Nach Ski Sauferei.

LOL!!!!! Brilliant Laughing Laughing hoch soll es leben Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samerberg Sue, superior to whom? To people who like to dance on tables? Not at all (I was one once, probably will be again). To people who have a myopic view of the world and a prescribed way things must be done? Most certainly.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dear Dr John,

Austria is a democractic republic. You can go to which ski bar you please. If you don't like a particular ski bar you are free to leave. There are no laws that say Apres Ski must be conducted in a specific way.

There was once a bloke who used to write in and complain that bare female breasts were being shown on a particular TV program. He watched the program every week without fail. You somehow remind me of him.

Yours

DB
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, that's quite hilarious, you couldn't have miss-understood more if you'd sat down and had a good hard think about it. I have the temerity to suggest that there are way's of enjoying apres other than dancing on a table listening to techno-oompha music and get pilloried for it. Burn the heretic!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dr John wrote:
red 27, good for you mate, it can be cracking fun. There is an healthy slice of "been there, done that" to my grumbling, in that I've been there and done that many a time. It's the attitude of "you must do it this way because this is the only way to do it" that gets right on my t!ts.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, and your point caller?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dr John wrote:
DB, that's quite hilarious, you couldn't have miss-understood more if you'd sat down and had a good hard think about it. I have the temerity to suggest that there are way's of enjoying apres other than dancing on a table listening to techno-oompha music and get pilloried for it. Burn the heretic!

When I go to St Anton I don't normally get plastered in the Mooserwirt either (unless it's the last night Toofy Grin ), it's normally a couple in the Underground on the piste because I'm there to ski with a guide. People enjoy different things in different ways, as long as it doesn't affect me - live and let live. Don't see much point bitching about it, if you don't like Austrian Apres Ski (unlike millions of others) there's always France or Hemel.
latest report
DB, which is precisely what I've been saying all along, each to their own. Difference is I stated that I'd prefer not to do the KK/MW thing, that's all. If you don't want to hear (or read, in this case) other peoples opinions what are you doing reading an open internet message board?
snow report
Dr John wrote:
DB, which is precisely what I've been saying all along, each to their own. Difference is I stated that I'd prefer not to do the KK/MW thing, that's all. If you don't want to hear (or read, in this case) other peoples opinions what are you doing reading an open internet message board?

No you've said the people who don't enjoy apres ski as you do are "not in their right mind" as if your choice is correct or superior in comparison to theirs. Where did I say I didn't want to read your posts?
ski holidays
Dr John, pot, kettle, black with regard to the last comment aimed at DB

No-one forced you to start being superior here either! rolling eyes I like a laugh at the Mooserwirt but I do not drink to excess. I did not like the KK the last time I went there but it was end of season and between owners. So I did not post one way or the other. You felt that you just had to point out that this was not your cup of tea and have subsequently dug yourself into a bigger and bigger hole. A lot of people like one or the other or, heaven forbid, both Shocked It does not mean that they are all puerile infants out on the lash. You did imply that and have been teased for it. Man up and ship out - you've been rumbled Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Rumbled? Eh? For what exactly? I stated a preference of type of apres, but was told if I'm not dancing on a table then I'm not doing apres. You and I both disagree with that, and we both agree that apres can and does take many forms. Where DB and his breasts comes into it lord only knows.
snow report
Dr John,

Gotta go but I'll leave you with this .....

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0907/arguing-on-the-internet-cheese-grater-arguing-demotivational-poster-1248904631.jpg
ski holidays
DB, well quite. I was going to post very similar regarding running in the special olympics...
snow report
shall we rename the thread Dr John vs DB?
snow conditions
red 27, we love each other really. It's a bit like woman's mud wrestling...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 10-02-11 17:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Dr John wrote:
woman's mug wrestling...

That I've got to see Shocked
latest report
Dr John wrote:

If that's referring to my comments, equally you couldn't have misunderstood me more. Enjoy whatever you want after skiing, it makes no difference to me as long as everyone's having fun. But 'Apres' is that couple of hours partying after skiing, and the Mooser embodies it pretty well.
ski holidays
Dr John wrote:
Where DB and his breasts comes into it lord only knows.

Don't want to drag this out any longer and hope this is my last post on the subject but just to explain.

The man didn't have to watch the program with the bare breasts, there were other programs without nudity but he did so every week and then complained about it every week. Likewise there are other quiter Apreski bars, there are other countries where Apreski isn't so wild (some would say not as much fun) as in Austria.
snow report
Moose!

Speaking of Austrian Cheese I was sorely disappointed to find the Brück'n Stadl
in the Hoff had morphed into a gigantic souless barn during the summer. It's forced me to do what I said I'd never do and frequent the Eisbar
latest report
http://rlv.zcache.com/apres_ski_tshirt-p235226599862456091qmkd_400.jpg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is only one

Going greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenGoing green
Going greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinky
Going greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinky
Going greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinky
Going greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinky
Going greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinky
Going greenPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenPinkyPinkyGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenGoing greenGoing green

But don't forget Gunar. He is legend.

(I get into St Anton 2pm tomorrow. No way am I doing any work today.)
snow report
DB, You are indeed the koenig of finding the most appropriate photos. How do you do it?AntonAusTirol, so feking jelous
snow report
AntonAusTirol, Fancy a jar with Paddies...we get in tomorrow morning.

dazman@dublin.ie
ski holidays
Moose. Awesome place. Simple as that.
snow report
KK for the fact that the table dancers came inside and danced on our tables, which prompted various women in the group I was in to attempt to emulate them, which also involved the removal of clothing. This motivational behaviour by the Kangaruh's staff can only be described as above and beyone the call of duty. Thank you, ladies. Your help was appreciated. I doubt I would have got laid without you (and the shots. They helped too).

However, The Mooserwirt is, well, The Mooserwirt. There's nowhere else on earth I have broken my hand while competing in an air guitar competition, whilst wearing my ski boots (never have a fat German woman stand on your hand, while wearing her ski boots - probably advice that will do you well in life generally, and not just the MW). It holds a special place in my heart.

As the apres ski/to not apres ski debate "raging" in this thread - surely, to each their own?
ski holidays
Been to both a few times, weird thing is I can't remember a thing about them.
ski holidays
That's not weird, Bob. That's intelligent.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy