Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mooser vs KK

Poster: A snowHead
Are you a Mooser or a Kangaruh?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll find out in April, can't wait. Which one should I go to first?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mooserman normally. Too many hot scandies in kk. Have only been in kk twice in 5/6 weeks to St Anton. Nothing beat the griabli when the ccj's played there though Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll answer that question in t-minus 6 days.....I bought the new Apres Ski Hits 2011 (RTL) album off iTunes last week just to play catch up from 2010.....theses next few days are gonna be hoorin' slow!!

The launch party of said album in the Mooserwirt looked awesome.....anyone in here at it?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dazman, I'm sitting with said cd in my pocket. My brother in law bought it for his apres ski night he's organised at a Bavarian bar in Glasgow. I had to download and add to my already 'impressive' playlist Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dazman, Is the new apres ski hits 2011 just the 2010 with a new wrapper? wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Neither, although I may have a look at both this year as I haven't been in either since they were refurbished.
I found the Moose palled after the first couple of visits and 'er indoors never did like the KK for apres although she did once have and enjoy a lunch there.
I concur with boabski on the Griabli comment but again, I haven't used that as much as when the CCJs were in town.
Maybe I'm just getting old.......!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
M! Every time
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, +1
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Taps for lunch and a few and then on to KK's.

Mooserwirt's fine for the odd day, but when you're there for the whole season...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You know where I'm going - I'll give my opinion after 26 Feb Cool

Sitter,
Quote:

Taps for lunch and a few and then on to KK's

Do you ski/board at all Puzzled wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
halfhand, yup, the rest of the week apart from change over day Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sitter, Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Taps in Spring is great for lounging in the afternoon sun...

If I could only go to one once it would be Moose.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mooser or Taps. KK's is too much like Liquid - chavy. Mooser is too expensive to go to often if you're doing a season though, although the half price lunches (or free with guests) were very welcome and tasty.
snow report
Echo Sitter's sentiments 100%.
snow report
gandie, Theres is few '2011 mixes' of old favourites, but tunes like 'Vogelwiese' and 'Ich Bin Solo' 'Schatzi Shenk Mir Ein Photo' and 'Noch Ne Runde' have potential to be piste classic.

Basically you don't need a cd player or an iPod to play this album....you need a fondue set.
snow conditions
Moose or Griabli. Don't like the KK at all. Fang is usually good at Nassereinbahn too
snow report
Lads, Any chance of a music policy for those venues you suggest?
ski holidays
When I was under 26 - KK, Now - Mooser
snow conditions
dazman, cheesy uumpah tirol trash + some "O'Neils Pub in Ormskirk " style classics (think Living on a Prayer) And you will love it.
ski holidays
Has the KK changed at all now that Mario Matt owns it?
snow conditions
dazman, Moos is the (Germanic) cheese fest, together with some dancy stuff thrown in. KK is cheese free. Griabli, Picaddily and Underground on the Piste for live music
ski holidays
Its the Moost overrated bar I have ever come across.

In fact Stanton is like magaluf on ice
snow conditions
boabski, Cool, plenty to choose from.....
latest report
kruked wrote:
Its the Moost overrated bar I have ever come across. .....

Yeah, The 2,000+ customers they have each night know nothing! wink
ski holidays
Yeah, they know nothing about taste Very Happy
ski holidays
Mr Marmot, and several million people each day buy the Sun. What's your point? Fule Dooch in ValD is packed to the rafters every day, but it's an still a dreadful place to spend any amount of time if you regularly go to decent bars, selling a good selection of drinks and play an intelligent selection of music.

IMHO the best apres bar I've been to is the Furry Shovel in Verbier. Good mix of friendly people (skiers/boarder both old and young, locals, instructors, seasonaires), decent background music with the occasional singalong, and a range of drinks that aren't extortionately priced (relatively, obv). It's a very easy place to lose a couple of hours at the end of the day. After 15 minutes in MW, KK or FD most right-minded people are screaming to be let out.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Too many hot scandies in kk.

How can that ever be a problem?
snow report
Dr John wrote:
After 15 minutes in MW, KK or FD most right-minded people are screaming to be let out.

.... while the others are dancing on the tables and luvin it but each to their own.

Even in their own words ......
"Mooserwirt, possibly the worst ski hut on the Alberg".
http://www.mooserwirt.at/

Go Cheesey or go home. Wink
snow report
My point Dr John is that at least 2000+ people in the Mooserwirt disagree with you every day. You are entitled to your opinion in what constitutes a great apres-ski location, but so are they.
I'm pretty sure the 2000+ people are not forced to go there each day. I think they must enjoy it!
But then again, according to you, they are not right-minded. The poor deluded fools!
latest report
Quote:

After 15 minutes in MW, KK or FD most right-minded people are screaming to be let out

depends how much they've had to drink though in that time wink
latest report
Mr Marmot wrote:
My point Dr John is that at least 2000+ people in the Mooserwirt disagree with you every day. You are entitled to your opinion in what constitutes a great apres-ski location, but so are they.
I'm pretty sure the 2000+ people are not forced to go there each day. I think they must enjoy it!
But then again, according to you, they are not right-minded. The poor deluded fools!

For APRES the Mooserwirt is far and away the best - it's pretty much the definition of it. For quiet/mellow/chilled out/sophisticated/intelligent conversation drinking obviously it's not the best place, but it never pretended to be. If you don't like the Mooserwirt you don't like apres - which is different to just a few beers after skiing.
latest report
clarky999, what you're referring to is Austrian apres specifically. I don't like austrian techno-ompha music, regardless of what I was doing prior to listening to it, so I don't like bars that force it down my ears (as it were), but I do very much enjoy a decent drink-up at the end of a hard days skiing, and whether you like it or not it's still called apres. I don't change my personality or musical taste when I go skiing, so I don't feel the need to adhere to the cliche of the MW/KK apres scene. Cultural fascism isn't pleasant, so please don't presume to tell me what I do and don't like.

Quiet/mellow/chilled out/sophisticated/intelligent conversation drinking, when done immediately after skiing, is also apres. If the kids and the "one week of freedom a year so I'm going to act like I did when I was 20" brigade want to do that then great, it leaves more space in the decent bars for me and my mates to stretch out in.
snow report
I had a night in the KK recently and enjoyed it despite myself.

I vowed to take it easy and just watch the loonies make idiots of themselves but then lo-and-behold an hour later there I was up on the table in the ski boots doing and Angus Young impresssion while singing along to 'Living Next Door to Alice. rolling eyes

Fell over while skiing home in the dark, then a nasty meal in the Funky Chicken and tucked up in bedibyes by 9.30 Little Angel
snow conditions
red 27, good for you mate, it can be cracking fun. There is an healthy slice of "been there, done that" to my grumbling, in that I've been there and done that many a time. It's the attitude of "you must do it this way because this is the only way to do it" that gets right on my t!ts. I don't I have to be standing on a table shouting "drove a chevy to the levy but the levy was dry" in order to be partaking of apres ski. I view it much the same way as drinking games, in that I do not need to force-feed myself some rotton cheap sambuca in order to get drunk and/or enjoy myself. I'm perfectly capable of doing both, thanks. In fact, as was demonstrated in Val d'Isere a few weeks ago, I'll still be going strong when the drinking games crowd have crashed and burned.
snow conditions
Dr John, fair play to you - I tend to agree, and of course there is room in this world for everyone's tastes and opinion.

My ideal 'Apres' is normally a 2 hour nap Embarassed
ski holidays
Dr John wrote:

"drove a chevy to the levy but the levy was dry"

No no no! You haven't been listening properly.

It was MY chevy, and it was the LEVEE that was dry!!

You need to go back to the Mooserwirt and practise a bit more!!!! wink

......them good 'ole boys were drinking whiskey and dry, singing.....

Hic!
latest report
Mr Marmot wrote:
Dr John wrote:

......them good 'ole boys were drinking whiskey and Rye, singing.....

Hic!
snow report
Dr John wrote:

......them good 'ole boys were drinking whiskey and Rye, singing.....

Hic!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy