Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bit of info and video of Eurotest meet in Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys

Had an interesting few days as the main nations and sub nations had a big get together at the Eurotest to change a few things and get it all sorted out with brussels.

Main change is that from next season onwards the fasted 2 openers with have their times averaged each run to stop any one off speedy runs ruining tests. They worked it out one day and the difference was small but it does seem fairer.

Had a fairly fancy set up with microphones, translators and headsets but to be honest i skied while the real negotiations took place. The germans had a new mathematical equation to run the test with which makes it about 0.50 sec easier to pass but it wasn't passed by any other nations. This is because the average of the fastest 2 openers does the job i think. A video was made of the test running and each of us said our bit on what we do and who we work for.

French seemed to be big fans of BASI and Susie Berry, which is very good as they are much friendlier to us than some people think.

One thing that wasn't cool was that a swiss news paper wrote an article saying that the whole set up was unfair and bias against other nations, but this is totally untrue. on the first day we had openers representing 5 different nations, german, austrian, french, gb and italian.

I was skiing ok so had a fair few of my times count as the base times for the test, if you want to see what the standard is have a look at this vid on our FB page. Pass time was usually 4-5 seconds behind my time.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JJC-Training/122157784474818

Be kind!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jjc, interesting write up, thanks for posting!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jjc, nice skiing! Did they have to fix the gates after?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jjc, Nice!! You guys going to be in Garmisch 15th March?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slikedges, yeah they had to put a couple back in but that happens alot, i think one run i broke 2 gates and knocked 2-3 out.

heidiky, There will be Basi openers at Garmish, Jas Bruce who does a bit with us will be there, plus alain baxter. If you go make sure to get a few tips in course inspection! just be there when it opens and you should be able to find them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy