Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Icelantic Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all just want to say what a great resource this forum is and as such I'm hoping for some help.

I currently ski Line Prophet Flites (90mm waist) in a 172, I bought them as a ski to improve on and they've been really good for that but as I'm 6' and 14.5 stone I've decided to loke for something longer and with a stiffer flex. The prophets were good in Mayrhofen in January but I'd really like something with better edge hold on hard pack. I'm now starting to venture off piste and want to do more of this but I'd guess that 70% of my skiing will be on piste for the forseeable future.

After a lot of reading up on the options I really fancy a pair of Icelantics, they seem to check all of the boxes plus there are some good deals to be had on last years and I quite like to have something I won't see in every lift queue. The question I have is whether to go for the Pilgrim (90mm waist) in a 179 or the Nomad (105 waist) in a 181. has anyone skied both and if so how much of a sacrifice is the wider ski on piste? I'm not someone that wants to charge down the piste and I'm willing to sacrifice some on piste performance for off piste as that's were I need the help but I'd still like it to be fun the rest of the time.

I'm off to Tignes for a week in 3 weeks and quite fancy getting skis before then so any advice/opinions would be very much appreciated. I should also add that alot of my skiing is in scotland so I'd really like the skis to work there.

Thanks in advanve for any replies.

Jamie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i've skiied pilgrims and normal prophet 90's (stiffer than flites) and the pilgrims are quite soft in comparison i cant see them being any stiffer than the flites and unless you have actually checked the running length of the skis the extra 7cm may not actually be 7cm of extra ski, many makers measure different ways so 177 skis end up being easy +/-5cm or more apart, but i wont string you along with any other advice as ski buying is a personal thing so dont put too much belief in what you read or what folks tell you, trying is the only real way.
As for the extra width effecting piste performance again that's down to the skiier and not much else there can be no set amount of piste sacrifice as some people ski way better than others, enjoy Tignes..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A more out there option might be to consider the Icelantic Shamans - they have heaps of off piste performance but their massive sidecut means they carve amazingly well too. All the Icelantic crew in the US ski the Shaman and their daily ski.

We just knocked a load of prices down too!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy