Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

POC Frontal Snow Helmet

Poster: A snowHead
What are the sizes like? I'm 58cm, that should be a L !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
58cm is an L, but POC do fit pretty snug, you might need an XL. Sizing is L = 57-58cm, XL =59-60cm.

I'm an XL in a Giro and a XXL in a POC and the POC is tighter than the Giro.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just didn't want a sloppy helmet, then again I don't want a tight one!! I'll have to try.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roughneck, Don't buy without trying for sure. POC are very unforgiving, they either fit or they don't.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with Spyderman. Fan of POC as they can take a knock, tried on a Frontal at the ski show in XL (60cm coconut to cover) and it was like putting a vice around my head, however the Skull light was fine, managed to pick one up in the sales from ski bartlett, v. happy with it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, I've got a Skull Light too 61-62cm XXL for me and it's a tight fit. Superb helmet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, yep, defo worth the extra in my book, much better than any lid i've owned before. All previous ones got unpleasently sweaty (and nobody likes a sweaty helmet) with wear, but the POC seems to have great ventilation, warm but allows your bonce to breathe.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're in the market for POC, then Sweet helmets also worth a look. Most comfortable helmet I've owned.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The search for a helmet to fit my rather oval head ended up with me buying a POC Receptor Bug a couple of months ago. My head's 59.5cm and the XL (59-60cm) fits perfectly - and very comfortable it is too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So which one to go for? Frontal, Receptor Bug or the scull light. chain reaction cycles have some good deals at the moment. Any one know of any more sales. Its going to be an expensive month. I need some new snowboard boots and goggles. What are Poc goggles like?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roughneck, Skull Light was the only one that fit me. they're all slightly different shapes, you must try them on. POC Goggles are superb and fit the Helmets perfectly.
Try http://www.onebelowzero.com/protection/helmets
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
you lot are making me feel a lot better, used think i was the only one with a massive bonce. Last helmet i bought was an xxl
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
where's cheap?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roughneck, I bought my POC Frontal online last summer from Ski Conrad in Germany, tried it on over here and got a great deal there so imported it. I was M in Giro, and had had 2 and fancied a change. POC only do 2 sizes S/M and L/XL. The S/M was far too small, L is great. Best helmet I've had, was initially worried about venting (I run hot) but not a problem, goes great with my Oakley A-Frames. Highly recommended, as are Sport Conrad, 48 hour FOC delivery.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Markymark just orded one for 96 quid with post
latest report
I got XL hope its not to big, I'm 58cm
snow report
Roughneck, You'll be skiing just like Bode Miller now!! Nice one, great price.
snow conditions
Hope not, I snowboard!! lol
One of my fave skiers!
snow report
Don't know much about POC. Their helmets look quite distinctive though. Do they have special safety features, how do they compare to the other brands?
snow conditions
snowman wrote:
Don't know much about POC. Their helmets look quite distinctive though. Do they have special safety features, how do they compare to the other brands?

Stands for Piece Of Cr**. wink

Scandi design, expensive racer sponsorship programme, being cool, probably at the top end of relevant standards (Although this is pure supposition), certainly got their marketing right like Norrona etc.
snow conditions
I like them because some of their helmets are lightweight and low profile. I stick with POC goggles because they work nicely with POC helmets.
snow report
snowman wrote:

Closest comparison is Sweet. POC helmets use a hard outer shell with minimal thickness absorption layer, unlike Giro for example which has a thick polystyrene layer and a thin outer covering.
POC/Sweet are closer to a Motorsport design in the way they dissipate energy. than helmet derived from cycle technology.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy