Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freestyle Coaching.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been skiing for 15 years and recently dived into snowboarding due to my two upcoming holidays (VT and Cham) being with intermediate skiers and not wanting to get bored or ski alone I figured I could board at the same level as them.

I've taken to it really well, spent 12 hours in total at Chill in Manchester (under instruction/coaching) mastering carving and being pretty confident at speed. Worked hard on posture and stance. Pretty pleased with myself Very Happy

Anyways, I'm just hitting the confidence to ollie off bumps in the snow and the angle change of the slope, only negative is I'm really struggling to learn to ride switch.

I'm booked into Xscape at Castleford on Friday evening for a 2 hour snowboard freestyle coaching (L1) which judging by the pics allows you to hit 'learner' features on the beginners slopes such as a box etc. Anyone got any experience of this type of coaching or been to the session?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did a weekend with Definition Camps at Hemel which I can heartily recommend for this sort of thing. I think Richard_Sideways might have done the same course and also spoke highly of it.

It would help you (a lot) to learn to ride switch competently before taking on a freestyle course. Your first spins will be almost certainly be frontside 180s, taking off normal and landing switch.

I would contest that you've "mastered carving" in 12 hours spent at an indoor slope, mind you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been to one of these: http://www.trickology.co.uk/
It was awesome, really enjoyable and I learned loads.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr Technique, Okay, maybe not mastered but surprisingly competent given the time. I don't think you'd pick me out on a slope as the person who'd not been riding long.

ronaldothefrog, What level were you at before you undertook a course like this?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Take a look at these as well http://www.salomongromcamps.co.uk/ my kids had a great time with them last year but there are people of all ages at them
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Technique, you are correct sir, and yes would rate Definition Camps to anyone wanting to jump-start their freestyle. Gav and his team runs 1 and 2 day courses out of Hemel, MK, Castleford and Braehead. Well worth it in my book.
http://www.definitioncamps.com/

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 25-01-11 8:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Karis., I was able to hit small kickers and 50-50 a box. So not very advanced.
There were people on the course who were a lot less advanced than me - ie: had never even attempted freestyle.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways, Mr Technique, Nice one, will deffo investigate that!

Did a two hour Introduction to Freestyle lesson at Castleford on Friday. Learned to 50-50 the box comfortably. Though didn't really feel I was being 'instructed', wasn't massively impressed tbh. Three of the Five people in the class didn't complete the 2 hours due to injury. I did like that there was a practice box and rail on the beginner slope to get us familiar with the features.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Karis. wrote:
Three of the Five people in the class didn't complete the 2 hours due to injury.

Poofters.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy