Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys Skiing data

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya folks.

With the Three Valleys using hands free lift passes, does anyone know if you can get a record of the lifts used on your holiday?

Skied last year in Zermatt, and the year before in Soll, and on both occasions we were able to get printouts on the web when we got home (by inputing our lift pass number). Zermatt used SkiLine, but I can't remember what company did the Soll passes.

The Three Valleys uses SkiData, but I can't find anything, even though I've done quite a bit of searching.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoneyman, No, not that I'm aware of
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoneyman, Not online, but you can ask for the data at the lift pass office. Seems to depend on how busy they are as to whether it's available or not though.
snow conditions
 Damien
Damien
shoneyman, I was in Courchevel last year and they were running a scheme where you were awarded a certificate for skiing the entire 3v. You didn't have to use every lift but the lifts you had to use were marked on the piste map. So they must be able to print out a record of where you've been. Speak a bit of French to them, they like that Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Damien, They way they used to monitor this was by getting you to have a from stamped by the liftie - I don't think they've modernised it yet!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lift pass offices incredibly quiet from about 3:30pm every day except Friday and Saturday. We were literally the only people in the office when we went in to get our carre neige sorted on the last trip. If they can give you the info, that is the time to get it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you purchase the new Three Valleys Liberte pass then all the lifts you have used are available to see on your online account for each day. The pass costs 30Euros at the outset and you are then charged on a daily basis depending on the area you ski. Local area gives a 15% day discount whilst Three vallees gives 10% discount. Day 9 and every 6th day thereafter are free. You need to use it for 9 days for it to start becoming cost effective.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnlspencer,
Do you know if this can be bought in Val Thorens, as I can't find it on the website.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went to the office in Courchevel a couple of years ago with someone who'd previously got a print out of all the lifts used. They said they could no longer do it as privacy laws prevented them accesing the data. They could just print a list of how many lifts you'd used and how many Km's traveled on them. It could have been a fob-off but they weren't busy at the time so I don't see why they'd have done that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jimmjimm,

Yes it can, I saw a specific Val Thorens leaflet for it at the Caron lift station last week. I purchased mine in Les Menuires where it had to be purchased at the main lift pass office at la Croisette. I don't know why it is not on the VT site, although it is on the Les Menuires site it did not work for me and I purchased manually. I have also seen adverts for it in Meribel and Courcheval.
Although purchased in Les Menuires, if we drive round to Val Thorens and keep within the Val Thorens area then it will only charge the VT rate less 15%.
It does not recognise half days or the larger Valley des Belleville area the latter counts as three valleys useage.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They certainly do know exactly where you go and when.

The certificate referred to above is the Escapade - there are a dozen or so lifts spread out throughout the 3v - so if you do them all it means you have pretty much covered the whole area. Apparantly you can do it in a day of hard skiing, flat out and no lift queues. A seasonaire said he had heard it done in about 7 hours.

When I was there last week a friend did it in the week - thought he had got them all, but went into the lift office in Meribel to check - they showed him the screen and highlighted the remaining lifts he had to do to get the free certificate. They did not give a print out, but I think there was a medal for E7.

Thought it was a really good idea - certainly motivated us to cover a lot of ground on the last day !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As PBJ says it is called the 'escapade'. we had not been to 3 v before and saw it as a good driver to get around the area and explore.
There are 16 lifts that have to be used and they are all marked on the piste map with a little green circle with a yellow squigle in it. The actual lift is a little difficult to identify from the map as to which specific lift it is if it is located by 2 or more lifts so we ended up doing all that it could have been - and saw more of the area.
In total there are 16 of them are we are decent skiiers and took a few days to get through them all but it was fun doing it. I would struggle to see that any one who did not already know where they were going would be able to do them all in 1 day. the biggest challenge we had was stopping to check the map so often which did slow us down a lot and irritated me as i was the navigator and my co pilot (wife) relied on me to do all the map reading.
At the end we did go to the ticket office and got a certificate and i did expect that if the ticket office knew we had been on these 16 lifts they would also be able to show some type of data as to where we had been on each day,distance travelled heights speed etc but i think this may have got lost in translation or it is not something they offer. having said that the certificate does tell you how far you have covered although i do question that distance as it seemed very low.

anyway it was still a great way of having something to steer you around the area.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shame it sounds like the system is a bit 'old skool!'

In Mayrhofen we were using SkiLine and it was fantastic; we were able to access the info on our phones and see what we were doing, where we had been and the distances very clearlyover the week. Was looking forward to doing the same in 3V with an equivalent system I presumed but guessing will be more effort than it's worth by the sound of it!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hiya guys, thanks for all the advice.

But yeh, it looks like it's a no-go, as everybody has said. One of my pals checked it out as well, found something out about French data protection laws, which means they're not allowed to store data about what you've been doing or something!?!

Damien, PBJ, pauljames, that 'Escapades' thing is actually the main reason I wanted to have a look at my data. We decided to try the challenge of covering them all in a day (16 'marked' lifts, 32 in total). Wasn't bothered about any certificates or medals or anything, mostly just did it for a laugh and a bit of a challenge.

We succeeded, but only just. Left Meribel at 09:10, got back at 16:30 (for many beers). That was non-stop as well, eating/drinking on the lifts, and 3 pee stops! I actually really enjoyed it, in hindsight it was probably my favourite day of the holiday. Best thing about it was the feeling of distance covered. Strange feeling being in Courchevel 1650 thinking that only a bit earlier we'd been in the Orelle Valley or the top of La Masse!

Anyway, it'd have been good to know the vertical and horizontal distances covered, but nevermind!!

I've put some photos up on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30454354@N06/sets/72157625894007399/

As can be seen, amazing clear sunny conditions, but as a result, not really the best snow. Certain areas were good (La Masse, Mont Vallon, 4th Valley, Val Thorens), but other areas were grim, and there was a lot of closed runs.

Steven
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The "data protection" thing was the reason we were given. I seem to remember them giving a print out of number of lifts used and total vertical distance but without specific lift info'. If you enjoyed doing the Escapade then next time try every lift linked village in one day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy