Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New snowHeads hand-delivered snow reports - deep powder guaranteed!

Poster: A snowHead
Subscribe now for spectacular powder depths and forecasts, delivered to your door. *** Free plastic bag***

(original image courtesy of http://www.geoffarnold.com all rights reserved )

Please tip the paperboy and give him a nice cup of tea.
------------------------------------------------------------
Any queries concerning this exciting new service?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 29-06-05 23:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Err - any reason that the image file has to be 3/4 Mb?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No Alan! You're welcome to sort it out - I messed around with the code to shrink the image, but I haven't got a clue about these things! Help - call admin.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We could re-size it and re-post, but then it would no longer be a link to the original and hence may infringe copyright. Does Geoff Arnold give any guidance on this? As a workaround we could just post the link with a warning for dial-up users (and save on Admin's server load wink )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know. I'll try and dig him out of the snow and ask him. Have you got a shovel by any chance?
On his website http://geoffarnold.com he says he's an "Expat Brit" so I'm sure he'll help out!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks David - why not persuade him to sign up then he can post it for us wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's a good idea. I'll send round the office St Bernard with the application form (in a wee barrel)
latest report
 geoff2
geoff2
So you'd like some pictures of a New England blizzard, eh? I'll see what I can do. Laughing
latest report
 geoff2
geoff2
geoff2 wrote:
So you'd like some pictures of a New England blizzard, eh? I'll see what I can do. Laughing
And by the way, if you'd looked carefully you'd have seen that my website has a Creative Commons license: re-use with attribution is perfectly OK.

As I said to David, I'm not really a snowhead except by virtue of my choice to live in New England, which means that I have to endure, oops, sorry, enjoy a substantial volume of snow every winter.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to snowHeads, geoff2 snowHead

You seem to be a bit conflicted over this snow issue wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
By eck this ere internet thingy is magic. Welcome to snowHead snowHead s geoff2
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geoff2, great to have you on board this communal sled! You don't have to be a snow-slider to be a snowHead, BTW. You just have to worship the stuff.

What's really in that plastic bag? (if you don't mind me asking). And is that an English umbrella in your right hand?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone who has read this far and wondered what is going on will realise that the image above is a snowHead s friendly version of David's original version. Thanks to geoff2 Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks, geoff2 ! Great to have that wonderful photo back on the page!
latest report
 geoff2
geoff2
Sorry about the delay... we've had torrential rain, quite a bit of flooding in Boston; plus I'm finding that all sorts of responsibilities come along with being a new grandfather! Anyway, the full set of my pics from Blizzard '05 is at

http://www.geoffarnold.com/Images/Blizzard05/Blizzard05.html

Click on any pic to see a 640x480 version
Note especially the Downy Woodpecker trying to get some lunch in the teeth of the storm...

Cheeers,

Geoff
latest report
geoff2, looked like a great day to be tucked up in a nice warm bed.
snow report
 geoff2
geoff2
It was a very good day to reflect on the wisdom of signing up with a snow ploughing service at the start of the season. Not cheap, but worth every penny (or in this case cent). Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Would have been a lot of digging otherwise! Something to keep the mother in law busy?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy