Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So. Whats the definition of high/medium/low season then?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We paid mid season ski passes, the pistes were open for low season hours and the hotel price was high season rated.

Confused???????????? We are.

Back and bushed.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fruity only God can answer that one, where I ski in Wengen only the Hotels do low, medium and high. High is normally taken as being Christmas and New Year plus a further two or three weeks in Feb for half terms and school holidays, low is found at the end of the season and mid is everything else plus usually the last week in Jan ot there abouts, ski passes stay th esame price but the longer you stay the cheaper the passes get e.g a season pass is about 1.5 times the price of a month pass which is just less than twice the price of a 7 day pass, opening hours are controlled by daylight and are posted on the trains (hanging from little cables inside the coaches) and on the big outside piste maps, Early on the pistes close about 16.30 and I think they might end up at 17.30 arround this time of year although it might only be 17.00
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were chatting to the barman in our hotel in Soll this year and a fortnight's skipass for a tourist costs more than a season pass for a local or worker, and that's in a skiing area that has cut back quite a lot on the discounted passes over the last few seasons.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's fairly common I think the resort workers pass in Wengen is about 500SFr and the normal one about 850Sfr but given that resort workers don't usually get paid a lot unless they're doing a highly skilled job (in which case they rarely get much time off) it would seem fair
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Actually this varies, a lot of employers in resorts don't shell out for season passes for their staff, for three reasons. First, there's a cash flow problem and second, like most low end employment, staff tend to come and go a bit so they don't like to shell out, and third, why bother giving to a guy washing bottles pass.

As for passes costing less for locals or workers, that varies as well, you'd probably be surprised that it's often not true. You can have a cheap one as well, the only catch is that you have to get it before a certain date which is no big deal. We pay around 320euro for our Grand Massif seasons passes discounted from 650, we just have to get them before December, great deal and less than our Chamonix valley season passes used to cost.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep wengen was doing a discount on passes (20% ?) if you bought them before december, I remember being told there that resort workers had to produce documentation that proved they were working in the area to be able to get the half price deal but they could do that at any point in the season, also the hire places did special deals for resort workers, I know because when I had some friends Join me for a month and we hired their equipment one of the regular staff at the shop gave me resort workers rates on good gear, worked out to about a weeks hire at normal rate for standard gear, there are advantages to going back to the same resort regularly snowHead

Sorry ise I didnt mean to suggest that the employers paid for the workers passes, although I think that it might occur with certain tour company reps.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just thinking about it, I think the Chamonix passes needed some sort of documentation.

The other deal that's starting to appear is the part season deals, after Jan 5th or something. We've been having the St Gervais/Les Contamines since they're such a deal.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy