Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Want to get a group together for March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m an intermediate skiing young 60 [have a non-skiing husband] and live in West London. I’d like to get some like minded people together to find a very last minute bargain in March. Examples I have found for luxurious chalets including flights if you book very close to the dates are £500 - £560.

Let me know if this is the kind of thing you would be interested in.

Diana

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 3-02-11 19:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Diana

I don't like to admit it but I am on the wrong side of 65 but still young in outlook and some say in appearance too. Like you, I now have a non-skiing spouse. Returned from St Anton 2 weeks ago and off to Italy in early April, so looking for something late Feb/early March and I like my home comforts when away, i.e. en-suite and the more luxury the better. Are you thinking of a mixed group?

Live near Glasgow so would have to travel via London or preferably direct from Glasgow to e.g. Geneva and meet there.

Alan
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello Alan

Great. I've heard from another few - men and women. It would be more fun to have a few people of different ski abilities and ages and will probably be necessary to keep down the costs to have room mates. Also you sound like a bit of an advanced skiier whereas I'm definitely a bit of an out of practice intermediate.

Let's keep in contact - Please drop me a line with your email address and when I can put together everyone who has shown a real interest from this site and others, I'll get back in touch - very soon I hope.

Diana
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Diana,

Your idea sounds interesting. I'm also a youthful 60 (with a non-skiing wife) and am looking for a skiing holiday for either 5th or preferably 12th March. I ski reds/blacks and as much (sensible) off-piste as possible. I'm easy-going and don't minding sharing a room. I'll PM you my email and look forward to hearing from you. Very Happy

Arthur
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Diana, Alan, Arthur. I just thought I would contact you as I organise the kind of trip you seem to be looking for. I am a skier (46) married to a non-skier and with most of my friends in a similar boat (why don't skiers ever marry other skiers?) we get other like-minded skiers together to make the most of group discounts and to avoid the dreaded single-room supplement. Last year I organised an over-55's trip to La Rosiere and it was such great fun everybody rebooked for Verbier this year. Although that trip was in January, I thought the contact details may be of use to you. I have organised other trips for this year but they are all fully booked now (except for one female required in March with a very young crowd). I always use very good quality chalets, always en-suite, good quality wine, private transfers, chef, bathrobes etc. If you would like any more information my email is beverley.springham@btinternet.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Diana,

A PM is on its way to you. Arthur
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great idea Diana T, I'm similar standard and age to Craghopper and would also be interested.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hello Craghopper and Welshskier,

I want to take advantage of very last minute reductions on some more luxurious looking chalets. Ones I have seen have been reduced down from around £1,000 per person including flights from Gatwick to about £500 if you book the Wednesday preceeding the weekend of departure.

Can I ask whether you would want to go 12th/13th March and be prepared to book so last minute. It just means some furious searching last minute and at least if not everyone stays in the same chalet it would be possible for all the same level of skier to ski together.

Can you tell me a bit more about yourselves - are you man or woman Welshskier, what level skier are you and are you happy to share a room?

There is also the advantage of switching to another resort of even country if the snow is abysmal.

I have been putting everyone's details together who have contacted me here and elsewhere and will get back in touch if you want to go ahead with this. Can you send me a private message with your email address? I'm not sure how I send you a private email with my address.

Diana

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 7-02-11 17:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Diana T, I've sent you a message.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Diana T wrote:
Hello Craghopper and Welshskier,

Can you send me a private message with your email address? I'm not sure how I send you a private email with my address.

Diana

Hi Diana, I had that problem too and was given assistance from a couple of other Forum members.

#1 Click on the "Send/Read Messages" at top right of the Forum page, eg. your post for this topic.

#2 Now you're looking at the page showing your PMs - if any. Bottom-left corner click on the "New Topic" button. It's NOT a new topic; it's a new PM; just to confuse the naive and believing - like me.

#3 There's a box to enter text and at the top a box to enter and search for a members name.

#4 Et voila!

Diana T wrote:

I want to take advantage of very last minute reductions on some more luxurious looking chalets. Ones I have seen have been reduced down from around £1,000 per person including flights from Gatwick to about £500 if you book the Wednesday preceeding the weekend of departure.

Obviously you would be O.K. to share a room with your sister, but can I ask whether you would want to go 12th/13th March and be prepared to book so last minute. It just means some furious searching last minute and at least if not everyone stays in the same chalet it would be possible for all the same level of skier to ski together.

There is also the advantage of switching to another resort of even country if the snow is abysmal.

I'm OK with the last-minute-tenterhooks plan. Takes some nerve tho'!!

I'll PM you with some ideas.

Arthur
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Diana have skied for over 30 years but have new wife who does not ski have tennis partner..polish who has already booked time off from work 12th/13th March i am waiting for snow to appear! We both will go skiing whatever happens so what is on offer for those dates...1 week i to need to get back to work but not until the 23rd of March. We live in Southampton joe
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Diana I also would like to go skiing and am prepared to go last minute, I am 65 but a keen skier and so far the old body is holding up well!! I Dont have a skiing partner either, so am looking for friends to ski with. Let me know as I live in the Canary Islands and would have to get to England first. My name is Diana Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy