Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We Have A Junior 1 World Champion!

Poster: A snowHead
Jack Gower won the Junior 1 age group in the Giant Slalom at the Junior World Champs

http://www.racer-ready.co.uk/2011%20Jun%20Worlds%20Gower.htm

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 2-02-11 19:40; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no WE dont (it's the internet, clue's in the name!), but congrats to young Jack anyways, must be great to be making a breakthrough at that age with a potential career on the cards, good luck son, steer clear strong drink and loose women
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
barry, I'm Royalty.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, one man's royalty.... wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Congratulation,,, The alpine race world must be bigger, say to me if I have wrong, Is the name of the most famous english racer, Graham Bell?,, Im not sure,, alot of english skier in the alps,, so one day U have a skier in the top in WC Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well done! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry wrote:
Bode Swiller, one man's royalty.... wink
erm... is everyone's Royalty?

Anyway, stop it, it is "We" - We started this alpine racing lark, established the rules, named some races, won most of 'em and a jolly wheeze it was too. And it was a Brit that invented t'Internet (or something vital to do with it, I dunno). And most registered users of this site are subjects of HMtQ.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller, was gonna say was another man's crosshairs target....

Young Jacks great performance aside, inventing racing was about the last thing ye did eh Toofy Grin

Anyways enough, I'm over here takin yer jobs and registering on yer websites so that's enough for me!

Good to see a young un doing well
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Good to see a young un doing well
which was the point of the post.

Think you need to go check the history of the rules of ski racing. There you go, some free educational activity.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
British written history? Hardly Laughing it tends to promote the same inaccurate superiority as your cackhandedly trying to display here!

Last word I think (which I suspect tends to be your deal anyway Laughing Laughing)

Peace out my 3rd rate former imperialist friend Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I take it all back, just spotted the thread title change

go Jack!!! Your Nation should rightly be proud!

wink

Oops that's another last word
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
barry, OK then, this is American-written ski history http://www.skiinghistory.org/historicdates.html and it says:

1921—First modern slalom race, the Alpine Ski Challenge Cup, held at Mürren, Switzerland, on Jan. 6, after rules set down by Arnold Lunn... The following fall, the first systematic exposition, complete with diagrams of two-gate slalom, was published by Lunn in the British Ski Year Book.

Don't know where you're from but it's great to see inferiority complexes and the over-use of smileys alive and well.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
An inferiority complex towards Britain? Fair dues you do believe your own hype, I'll give you that. Interesting that an innocent remark coupled with a genuine praise for a great achievement sent you rambling on. Sorry to rain on your parade dude, I know you're usually too cool for school around here

Over and out

Shheeesh there I go again with another last word! Amadan

Very Happy Smile Skullie Blush Puzzled Little Angel Cool snowHead Laughing Razz Mad snowHead Shock Razz Cool Little Angel Sad Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Someone please translate.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, Are you, that bloke, you know, that one?
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, big ears? Horsey wife? No.
ski holidays
ah ok, so you're that other bloke?
snow conditions
Good lad.
(Er, is barry American or something?)
snow report
Hurtle, Nope, I've met a Nice American wink

'Justice4Bakkies explained http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/aug/25/south-africa-bakkies-botha-protest
snow report
Boredsurfing, I'm afraid I'm even more confused now. Never mind.
latest report
cold getting colder I'm afraid...been fun today aint it?! Laughing
ski holidays
barry wrote:
odd getting odder I'm afraid...been a weirdo today aint I?! Laughing

There, fixed it for you.
ski holidays
freeheelskier wrote:
Congratulation,,, The alpine race world must be bigger, say to me if I have wrong, Is the name of the most famous english racer, Graham Bell?,, Im not sure,, alot of english skier in the alps,, so one day U have a skier in the top in WC Very Happy

I would say that Britain's most famous ski racer was Konrad Bartelski. World cup downhill second place, higher than the Bells achieved.

Yes, he was born in Britain of Polish parents.
ski holidays
Baxter surely?, far more results than KB at WC level, just never matching that single result?

but probably the Indian guy who wrote all the rules rolling eyes
latest report
richjp, Im so sorry that I forget Bartelski Embarassed He was english,, I remember now,, he was also in a crash, I think it was in Megeve Puzzled
snow report
barry wrote:
Baxter surely?, far more results than KB at WC level, just never matching that single result?
I'd go with Baxter too (don't get too excited barry you're still beneath me)

Aside from the "bronze" in 2002, this was a seriously good run of results at WC level:

25-11-2001 Aspen, CO USA FIS World Cup Slalom 15th
11-03-2001 Are SWE FIS World Cup Slalom 4th
18-02-2001 Shigakogen JPN FIS World Cup Slalom 19th
17-02-2001 Shigakogen JPN FIS World Cup Slalom 18th
23-01-2001 Schladming AUT FIS World Cup Slalom 9th
21-01-2001 Kitzbuehel AUT FIS World Cup Slalom 13th
14-01-2001 Wengen SUI FIS World Cup Slalom 7th
19-12-2000 Madonna di Campiglio ITA FIS World Cup Slalom 8th
11-12-2000 Sestriere ITA FIS World Cup Slalom 13th
19-11-2000 Park City, UT USA FIS World Cup Slalom 21th

Especially Wengen, Kitzbuhel, Schladming.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
I'd go with Baxter too

I must be wrong then, Eddie Edwards it is Laughing

Think Baxter had rather more big name competition in his era too arguably?? (think he's trying to make Olympic level on the track bike these days)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I must be wrong then, Eddie Edwards it is

Eddie the eagle,, the biggest plump ever,, but it was fun to watch Very Happy
latest report
Quote:
think he's trying to make Olympic level on the track bike these days
He missed out on a Commonwealth Games place by a whisker (0.07 sec). I think that was it, all over for the track career. He gave it a really good shot.

Martin Bell also had a really good run of WC, World Champs and Olympic results. Can't find all the data right now but he might be lurking and can fill us in. Overall I think our most successful DHer.
snow conditions
yours Bode Swiller, yours!

Baxter did interski this year didnt he, saw some team pics on FB, looked a laugh and a bit of a reunion for some of the racers. Reckon his bro could still make it pretty big, having a pretty good one this year
latest report
Martin Bell had some great results. We're a long way off the top ten results he achieved but fingers crossed for the youngsters.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
he might be lurking and can fill us in.

Well, since you asked Very Happy
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?sector=AL&competitorid=3866&type=result&category=WC&season=ALL&sort=P&discipline=ALL&position=&place=&Submit=Search
+
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?sector=AL&competitorid=3866&type=result&category=OWG&season=1988&sort=&discipline=ALL&position=&place=&Submit=Search

Regarding the World Junior Championships, the best GB results, since the event started in 1982, were my brother - 2nd in DH in 1984 and Chemmy - 4th in Combined in 2002
snow report
And mobskaardal, thank you very much.
ski holidays
How i miss sitting in the lounge shouting at the TV on a Sunday, cheering on the Bell boy's in their distinctive Drambuie race suits. Great days...It's never really been the same since. It was watching those lads that got me into skiing. Cool
snow report
Me too Spud. I'd just come back from school ski trip to bormio and started watching ski Sunday with my dad, even though he knew nothing about it. At the time I assumed that British skiers getting half decent results was the norm! How wrong I was. It seemed a long wait to Alain Baxter.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy