Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

n00b ski-gear help required.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening.. its me again with more n00b questions..

Off to Morzine in early march for my first ski trip.. before anyone says it.. yes the lessons are sorted! Smile

Anyway.. ive started to collect the required clothing for trip, ive read the n00b clothing guide to understand the basics..

How much clothing will i require for a week in morzine?.. i mean do i need *all* the layers for morzine in march??

The clothing i have obtained so far:

Dare2b "Rigadoon" jacket (was only 20quid in debenhams sale!)
Decathalon Salopetts.. think they are SRX500 - they are breathable and have zip-air vents.
Few pairs of decathalon RNS100 ski-socks.
Various hats
The above has been bought mainly because its cheap, seems reasonable quality and means i dont need to hire when going chillfactore.. if any of it is unsuitable i dont have a problem with getting replacements.

Oh and my shiney Nordica ski-boots.. cant forget those! snowHead

I know i need a decent pair of gloves, and sunglasses/goggles.
I guess i also need a base-layer t-shirt/pants.. does anyone have any opinion of the go-outdoors stuff? (they have a sale on at the mo)

Any more advice people can give greatfully received! (including what i need for apres ski apart from lots of paracetamol!)

Cheers Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you had a look at the 'stickies' at the top of the this board - they might be useful?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It all depends how hot you are personally. I normally ski in a jacket plus one layer - either a thin t-shirt or a base layer. If it's exceptionally cold (minus 20 or so, in canada for instance), I might add a fleece. In March I would expect to be skiing with Jacket open.

Mrs NBT on the other hand rarely ventures out with fewer than four layers - vest, base layer, fleece and jacket, and has been known to wear two fleeces.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MisterG,

I would say add two non cotton long sleeve tops and maybe some cheap thermal leggings and a thin fleece depending on how badly you feel the cold. I've been to Morzine and Avoriaz twice in March and skied in just a top, jacket and salopettes. I needed the fleece and leggings in February as it was significantly colder.
However you're better off buying before you get there even if you don't use stuff as it will be 4 times the price in resort if you do end up needing it!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MisterG, Must not forget your Wicking Underpants Toofy Grin

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1574065&highlight=wicking+underpants#1574065

Sorry, I will leave now
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy