Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How much spending monet for a week in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I too, like many others here, go to ski and not to visit every bar and restaurant. But then I'm getting old and can't keep my eyes open much after 10.00pm. We've self-catered these last 10 years and never buy lunch - it's either back to the apartment for a beer and some rolls or a picnic on a sunny hilltop. We eat out in the evening once or twice, maybe a bar once or twice. Too damn noisy for me these days. Expensive in France too. But. to each his own. It's your holiday, you do what you want to do. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[quote="rookierich"]
Quote:
We reckon we can get back to Tignes for 4 days in March for about £200 per person, transport accom and food. I'll scrimp all the way and love it.

so how does that work with a flight (or drive), ski hire, accom, airport transfers, food, drink etc - assuming you have excluded the ski pass ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="rayscoops"]
rookierich wrote:
Quote:
We reckon we can get back to Tignes for 4 days in March for about £200 per person, transport accom and food. I'll scrimp all the way and love it.

so how does that work with a flight (or drive), ski hire, accom, airport transfers, food, drink etc - assuming you have excluded the ski pass ?

I wondered that. I can get a hotel and HB for that, but not the flights too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vehicle - borrowed 6 seater Mercedes Sprinter
Fuel and tolls £550 (allowing 25mpg from West Midlands and avg £1,35 per litre)
Eurotunnel £88
SC Accomodation for 6 £435
Food budget 6 ppl for 4 days £180 (excludes lunch which is £5 to £10 tops at Spar in Le Lac for 2)
Parking - free in Les Boisses with free bus transfer
Split 6 ways = £209

Ski hire - generally not needed, have our own and will transport, but last week those in need got a weeks hire of skis/boots/helmet for £40 in Les Brevieres
Lift passes - yes excluded, a few are real beginners so wont need one unless they make good progress, I'll spend the morning with them on Rosset and buy an afternoon pass for myself, maybe everyone will get a pass on the last day to compete for best injury in Valpark.

I'd be happy for anyone to point out the flaws cos we are planning it and I'd rather find out now than get a nasty surprise at the end of March!

Downside 1= 6 blokes crammed into a ski apartment Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Andythejock, As your girlfriend is with you, you may need a fair amount of monet if you want to create a good impression. wink

Actually, at the current rate of exchange, a respectable little Monet would be acceptable payment for a 2 course lunch with wine (glasses, not a bottle) for two in Courchevel at the moment.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last time I went clubbing in Courchevel it was €170 for a bottle of Jack Daniels and a pitcher of coke. €200 for N.V. Champagne. The Russians were paying much more for good Vodka and Crystal Champagne. If you are smuggling spirits in, have them well secreted as we were frisked before entry. Taking you girl friend will save you a lot money needed for lap dancers and ski bunnies but steer clear of boutiques, jewellers and shoe shops.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
II know I'm no longer required for this thread (it has a life of it's own! snowHead NehNeh ), but I reckon I'll take the £400 worth of Euros. If I have some left it can be used for our summer trip to Parma (not too expensive as I'm staying with a pal that married an Italian girl).

I have my own skis and boots. The cash is purely for lunches and drinks. Has to be said that in reality the skiing is more important than the drinking to me. I like a good swallie, I am Scottish after all (!) but as has been said, it is a ski holiday, and this is my first ever!

By the way, decided to sell my old skis (15 yr old Salomons which I boight second hand myself, in good nick). Obviously set the price a wee bit low at £30, I've had half a dozen calls on the first night, lol! They were fine but my Atomic Nomad Smoke Ti's are a lot better.

Slight thread evolution - would you bother to have skis serviced for a holiday when they have only been skiied for 2 days since the last service? Service is only £15 though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Andythejock, are the edges still sharp or are they burred? Are the bases still shiny or dull? Run a fingernail down the edges and a hand down the bases. Personally, I wouldn't bother unless they feel bad. You may find ski wrecking snow (or lack of) on your first day! Also, if you need them done in resort, they will use the wax for the current snow conditions. Or you may not need them done at all, all week.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rookierich wrote:
Vehicle - borrowed 6 seater Mercedes Sprinter
Fuel and tolls £550 (allowing 25mpg from West Midlands and avg £1,35 per litre)
Eurotunnel £88
SC Accomodation for 6 £435
Food budget 6 ppl for 4 days £180 (excludes lunch which is £5 to £10 tops at Spar in Le Lac for 2)
Parking - free in Les Boisses with free bus transfer
Split 6 ways = £209

Ski hire - generally not needed, have our own and will transport, but last week those in need got a weeks hire of skis/boots/helmet for £40 in Les Brevieres
Lift passes - yes excluded, a few are real beginners so wont need one unless they make good progress, I'll spend the morning with them on Rosset and buy an afternoon pass for myself, maybe everyone will get a pass on the last day to compete for best injury in Valpark.

I'd be happy for anyone to point out the flaws cos we are planning it and I'd rather find out now than get a nasty surprise at the end of March!

Downside 1= 6 blokes crammed into a ski apartment Shocked

Very impressive.

Your food budget might be a bit tight and tolls for a van might be more than £80e/w but I can see you aren't far off.

Bagsy first shower Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

tolls for a van might be more than £80e/w

no, that's about right - might even be a bit less. Yes, food budget is tight, but could certainly eat nutritiously, if not very enjoyably, for that.

However, you might find that a cheap apartment has rubbish cooking facilities (e.g. no proper oven).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i think six in a 'sleeps six' Tignes shoe box would be too much to handle for me - if you can get one for £435 from now on (cheap Jan deals are probably gone) it will be at the smaller end of the availability, otherwise budget seems ok
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I think six in a 'sleeps six' Tignes shoe box would be too much to handle for me
But still much better than a 'sleeps til 6 then alarm goes off for work' kind of week wink....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict, true, but I would ditch one of the crowd for a bit comfort wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did a CC in La Tania last month with £100 worth of euros, I was there to ski, I could have got by on a lot less
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy