Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DPS Wailer 112RP vs Icelantic Keeper

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone skiied both of these and in a position to offer an opinion on relative merits?

Cheers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fr0sty wrote:
Has anyone skiied both of these and in a position to offer an opinion on relative merits?

Do you realise how rare these skis are in general, let alone in the UK - so the chances of finding someone who's skied them both is gonna be nigh in nil.

The Wailers will be a lot lighter due to their carbon construction (= a lot more expensive) & AFAIK, the Wailers are already sold out for this season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, yep, I found their website the instant I got home yesterday and most of their skis are sold out. Well, all of the carbon ones at least. Would love to get my hands on a pair...Arno? wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i ain't sharing mine
haven't tried the icelantics. as spyderjon says, they may actually be available this season. DPS is running a waiting list but I wouldn't get your hopes up that any will be available soon
i love my 112s and expect i will continue to do so for some time
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
Do you realise how rare these skis are in general, let alone in the UK - so the chances of finding someone who's skied them both is gonna be nigh in nil.

I am yes, however, it never hurts to ask. As you rightly say they're very rare, so demoing them both would be very difficult - hence the shot in the dark to try to extract a few pieces of information from other members...

I know Arno is on the Wailers; (probably the only regular forum member who is), but there may be others passing through, you never know.

Icelantic toured the domes with their range last year, however, I missed the roadshow. Someone else may have participated and since that point been on the DPS model.

Hopefully...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno,

Quote:

i ain't sharing mine

How terribly selfish wink Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
actually, looking at the DPS website it looks like they do have 112 hybrids in stock
i don't think you will regret getting them
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can find a good review of both skis in this thread ( if you can read Swedish... ) http://www.freeride.se/forum/thread.php?t=75937

A quick summary:
Both skis where tested during the Swedish pre season, that means quite hard pistes and little to no off piste.

They where really impressed with how good both skis carved on the softer runs. The wailer ( especially the hybrid ) also impressed in icy conditions, whereas the keeper did have some problems on ice.

Both skis where seen as playful skis that also can go fast.

All in all, both skis seems to ski in similar ways and have similar specs.

I ski on wailers (hybrids) this year and I am really happy with their performance in all sorts of conditions. I have not tried the keepers but it sounds like that they are some fantastic skis to. I do not think you will be unsatisfied with any of them!
Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PingPongTass, welcome Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought a pair of Keeper 178's a month ago, I got them shipped from America.

I was skiing on Pilgrims before which I still love but I decided to buy a pure powder ski after the big snow fall around December time and I was having to lean back more than I liked in 1m plus of powder to keep the skis up (they are 169's so a tad short but they rock!)

I have skied 4 days on the keepers, last weekend I had 30cm fresh snow. On the pistes they are way better then I was expecting considering the 119mm width they are very easy to ski, I did almost go for the nomads because I didn't want to make such a big jump but I am glad I went for these! I am an aggressive skier and they have held there edges no problem on everything I have been down.

I have only really had one good day for off-piste on them but so far so good! Very easy to manoeuvre I have been on open faces and between tress no problem, the slight rocker tip keeps them nicely on top of the snow and they feel well balanced. I haven't tried many fat skis so I am sorry I can't compare, but they are extremely fun and will go exactly where you want them to.

I am heading on an off-piste holiday week after next so I will be able to tell you more after that!

Andy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If anyone's interested in the DPS 112s PM me. I may be able to put you in contact with a France-based distributer who recently had a handful of pairs delivered. Had to try very hard when seeing them in the flesh not to buy a couple of pairs, one for me and one for the gf!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy