Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Working a Canadian Season - Insurance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all Smile

UK skier here. I'm travelling out to Canada in a few months for a year on a working Visa, and my plan is to spend the winter months of 2011/12 working in a resort (as yet, unknown). Obviously insurance is required for the trip but I have found that adding winter sports for more than 30 days bumps the premium up, sometimes 4-fold.

If I got a job working for Whistler/Blackcomb for example, do they provide any skiing Insurance to their staff for time spent skiing leisurely? I will obviously be spending more than 30 days on the slopes and am reluctant to fork out hundreds of pounds extra on an insurance policy if I can get it included by the employer out in Canada.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gaffer, welcome to Snowheads. Sorry, can't help you with your question!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Gaffer,

I'm out in Banff for the season as we speak. I'm on a ski instructor course so I'm not actually working - but I found that the BMC provided good insurance for my purposes. I paid £180 for the full years insurance - covering me for the full 3.5 months I am in Canada. I'm not sure if it would be any different as you are planning on working while here, but I would give them a call and see what they can offer you!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi gaffer, welcome to Snowheads. My son is out in Banff at present working as a snowboard instructor. Last January to April he did the course that Tintin just mentioned and had a policy with BMC to cover him. Now that he is classed as resident in Canada (he is also on a working visa) the BMC policy does not cover him, as I found out when I rang them to renew his policy earlier this month. The BMC said they suggest he buys a Canadian policy over there to cover him for belongings etc. I am presuming his work contract covers him for all employment liability but I don't think he has any cover for personal boarding which scares me to death, but he has less than no money to pay for a policy as he's paid a pittance. You could give the BMC a ring to see what your options are - they were very helpful when I spoke to them. Good luck and have a good season. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy