Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria, in April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im making a shortlist of possible resorts for a family ski trip for the first week in April, I've never been to Austria at that time of year, What are conditions in St Anton usually like in April, or is there somewhere else I should be considering? I would probably be flying to Zurich.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaveMcSki, St Anton in the first week of April is usually great. It will be spring skiing (like everywhere in the Alps). Long sunny evenings. Possibility of powder. Good. Ischgl worth a thought too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DaveMcSki, St Anton is a good choice, if U fly to Zürich Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DaveMcSki, That Arlberg area is a good choice - being the best in the world IMV! Personally I would advise Lech/Zurs and Ischgl ahead of St Anton as the latter has lots of sunny slopes and suffers more from the sun.

All easily accessible from ZCH via the train or Arlberg Express scheduled coach service.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, I will have a look at Lech and Zurs then. I did consider Ischgl, but wonder if it is now too loud and brassy for a family holiday? I suppose it depends on what your family are like!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd add Sölden to the list to consider (if you could fly to Innsbruck). Have skied there in April and because of it's height (the glacier) the skiing is excellent at that time of the year. The runs back down at the end of the day can be a little sugary though. Also at Sölden due to it's size there's plenty of different pistes to choose from.

In April there is always the end of season Hannibal party -
http://youtube.com/v/83Oxs64NkLE (the locals claim that this region of the Ötztal is where he crossed the Alps) although this may be later than the date you mentioned in your post

Still, may be worth a look
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DaveMcSki, If you can afford Lech, try looking at Oberlech as a family base - brilliant toboggan run down to Lech is a must for the kids (and adults). Edinburgh to Innsbruck is better flight in my experience - cracking flight times too which should mean you're in resort for lunch.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy