Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kirchdorf in March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we are looking for a budget skiing holiday for 7 days from the 5th of March and Kirchdorf in Tirol keeps coming up.

I am unsure if this is a good area for March. I know the schneewinkel skipass will cover St.Johan, Steinplatte and Fieberbrunn but does anyone know if it is snowsure in March and is it good for intermediate?

Moonshine
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kirchdorf itself is very small, really only a day for an intermediate skier (if that). However, if you're prepared to move around to the other areas you mention -there are busses- the skiing should be fine in early March.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should be no problem Snow is normally good until the end of March, Kirchdorf might be cheap but there really is nothing to do there, so if you just want to ski and then chill at your Hotel that is fine but if you want something to do in the Evenings then i would look at somewhere else. You can take a taxi to St Johann but that is about €10 each way. The slopes of at Kirchdorf consist of 1 green run and about 2 kilometres of blue run. The other places you mention are perefect for an intermediate skiier, Fiberbrunn is my favourite but Steinplatte is also good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi espri and Richiavo

Thank you for your replies.

We are not bothered about nightlife in the evening. We are usually to shattered to go clubbing.

We have had a week in Niederau this January and we like it there but have been twice now and would like to ski somehwere else. Niederau always seemed to be good value for money and as we are having another week off from work in March we would like another week skiing where it isn't too expensive.

We don't mind moving around. Are there any supermarkets or Spar type shops in Kirchdorf?

Moonshine
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
moonshine wrote:
Are there any supermarkets or Spar type shops in Kirchdorf?

Yes, there is a supermarket, at least one just across the road from the lift (which is a little outside the centre of the village); maybe there are others too.

Here's a photo of near the bottom of the main run in Kirchdorf. The cliff with snow on it in the background is the Steinplatte (above Waidring - that's another place you might stay but maybe it doesn't appear on British TO's lists). The Steinplatte is a fossilised coral reef, I learnt this year.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kirchdorf is cheap for good reason. The slope is only good for a beginners first day learning. It is bisected by an ugly road. If you must, choose your Hotel carefully or it could be a miserable week as there is nothing else going on. The other hills on the area pass are pretty good albeit needing a fair bus ride. There are much better places, hunt for a deal.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for the replies and Thank you for the picture Espri.
Quote:

Kirchdorf is cheap for good reason. The slope is only good for a beginners first day learning. It is bisected by an ugly road. If you must, choose your Hotel carefully or it could be a miserable week as there is nothing else going on. The other hills on the area pass are pretty good albeit needing a fair bus ride. There are much better places, hunt for a deal.

I keep looking out for a good deal but nothing is coming up.

Can anyone suggest a good budget resort for intermediate skiing in March?

Moonshine
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moonshine, I think U are a little late to find a good budget resort in mars, perhaps if you are lucky to find a lastminute,, Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Look for Kappl
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moonshine, Will you drive with own car?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi freeheelskier

Thank's for replies.

We are hoping to fly from Manchester or North East.

Where is Kappl?

Moonshine
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moonshine, try contacting the Tourist Offices directly to get a list of vacancies. Or maybe using some of the late booking web sites like Booking.com. They show the vacancies but then deal with the hotel directly, that way both you and the hotelier are spared paying the premium to the web site!

Should be plenty of availability after March 12th as that is the beginning of the post-season time, at least in Austria it is! Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moonshine, Kappl is a nice family resort near Ischgl, Kappl is cheap, and the skiing is OK, and there is bus to Ischgl, one of the best skiing in Austria, and its realy near I know that U was looking for to go more east, but I like kappl alot
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.kappl.com/skiing-tyrol.en.htm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy