Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bright ideas anyone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying to geneva on 26th feb thinking about la clusaz any bright ideas about cheap and cheerful transfers preferably not on back of moped but would consider it lol in other words trying to budget also is it a good place or is to low
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mumof2, only been there in summer, would like to ski there one day soon. But bear in mind that French school hols run until 12 March so availability may be limited depending what you want. Transfer is pretty short, you could look at http://www.alpski-bus.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mumof2, I don't think cheap transfers exist, though there are some better value ones to Chamonix - larger numbers, I suppose. If there are 4 of you a hired car is often the cheapest option.

You might be aware that at present many parts of the French Alps - including La Clusaz - have had little snow since New Year - just some minor top ups, none for ages and none in the near future either. It's been cold for some days now and resorts have been snow-making and doing well with piste maintenance but until and unless there is more snow conditions are not going to be great. There are other parts of the Alps - notably Austria - with much better conditions but the 26 February is a long way off and much can change (for good or ill) before then.

However, as Lou notes, it's French school hols and La clusaz will be busy, like other French resorts, and accommodation very booked up. In our area practically everything for that period is already booked.

So if you're looking for "cheap and cheerful" I'd not be convinced of finding it in France in late February.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers we've been lucky enough last 3 years gettin good deals on catered chalets at last minute. No flight booked yet but think we are possibly aiming for around that time some of the chalets fired the transfers in as well as ski hosting.May wait and take a last minute package
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy