Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lifts to stay open later?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When do the clocks go forward in Europe? And will this mean an extra hour's skiing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
28th all over and not really. I find that between Jan and April they add about 30 mins to the lift closing time.

It does meant though that it's still light in the resotrt until 7-30 or 8 which is glorious.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And of course, if you're that much of a glutton for punishment, quite a few resorts have floodlit runs for skiing in the evenings these days....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Of course one of the main contstaints in opening later would be the time required for piste maintenance isn't going to reduce.

I keep meaning to try the local floodlight skiing but don't get round to it with other committments. I'd actually prefer if they opened earlier, if the local stations opened at 7 or 8 in the morning I'd try a couple of hours or so sometimes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They have floodlit skiing in Crans Montana. We were planning on trying it when we were there in Jan, but the pistes were hard enough at 4.30pm - the thought of skiing in sub zero temps on Very hard pack was enough to convince me that apres ski was a better option.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth, quite agree can't see the point in it at all.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise, Likewise, especially during the busy periods when most of the après-skiers are still unconscious and you would be guaranteed an hour or two of quiet pistes...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've were foolish enough to do floodlit skiing in Crans Montana and Obergurgl when we were week 4 or 5 skiers. Really hard work, freezing cold, lonely and the added attraction of snow cannon pouring down on you.

I'd now much rather forget about stopping during the day to maximise time on the hill and have a beer later when the sun' s gone down.

Of course a true descente flambeau at about 9pm, under moonlit with flaming torches, after a leisurely fondue at the top of Bellalui in Montana, over empty slopes is an entirely different proposition and one I will always accept.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy