Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Fly Be destinations

Poster: A snowHead
What a turn up for the books, this coming year Fly Be are planning to fly from Southampton to Berne, Chambéry, Geneva or Salzburg.

More importantly the prices are good as well Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh Good. I'll post a flag in the other topic about this.
Cheers D G Orf
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah I didn't notice before but they are also doing Birmingham to the same destinations !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mixed bag really, innit. I must say I like their new sensible-for-skiers departure times. But re: prices - depends on what you mean by "good" - thus far they're are looking better than last season's, but I'd say they're still a bit pricey overall, considering. And services are still based on the traditional package durations:

Sat & Sun on the Geneva route.
Tues, Thurs & Sat for the Chambery route.
Mon, Fri & Sat for the Berne route.
Sat only for the Salzburg route.

What if I want to go to Geneva, or Salzburg on a Monday and return on Thursday night in time for work on the Friday? No can do with Flybe - I'd still have to toddle up to BA et al at Heathrow or Gatwick Puzzled Crying or Very sad

No doubt flights will improve and tx prices reduce as Soton Airport's customer base grows in time. Although on second thoughts I'm not convinced I want a Gatwick-esque airport on my doorstep! Shocked wink OK, I'll shuddup now & get on with enjoying existing services from Soton.

BTW - straw poll: which Snowheads are planning to use Flybe's flights from Soton to get to the slopes this season?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Manda, Hmm probably
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Manda, If the price is right YES! We never pay more than £100 for our return flights to Geneva.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flybe - not bad and certainly handy for us Southerners but beware if do you have a problem with the on line booking (like a friend of mine did) then you will need to ring their £1 per minute "helpline" !!!! Sad Does anyone else find this a contradiction in terms. I think its a bit rich to charge your customers like this. My friends a family of five with taxes paid £398 return inc taxes for 4th March flights returning a week later which is good value I think and its certainly a lot easier for my friends to use than the London airports.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty, always worth checking www.saynoto0870.com - it suggests alternatives to the premium rate numbers for flybe. I haven't tried them myself.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf it's not quite the fun of a train, tho, is it. wink

Re: priciness is relative - more than £100pp rtn incl. taxes gives me palpitations, but I'm tight. Toofy Grin

Flybe's prices aren't "bad" (especially taking into account the home-to-airport transfer costs that you DON'T end up paying). But all things considered Flybe ain't shelling out large to use Southampton airport - I mean, it's not exactly Gatwick, is it (or is it? Dunno - feel free to set me right). So until I'm told otherwise I can only bring myself to feel mildy excited. Just not overly so.

Excuse me for a moment - need to go express my (mild) excitement on Flybe's booking pages.... Shocked Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes FlyBe's prices are not really cheap, but that £35 includes about £20 of taxes ! Besides Bern Airport is just 1 hour from Lauterbrunnen compared to Zurich or Geneva which are both about 3 hours away or even Basle about 2 hours away, important when the last train up to Wengen is about midnight and the first one out about 5.30 am

Mind you the flight from Southampton on a Saturday to Berne leaves at 07.45 Shocked Check in 06.45 is anyone in Southampton Airport at that time of day ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The check in time we were given for our Birmingham flight this year turned out to be an hour before the airport actually opened!! We only got let in because someone had rammed the automatic doors with a trolley and broken the mechanism.
They couldn't close them again and the bit of tape across the gap didn't stand up well against a flight of passengers faced with the prospect of queuing outside at 0430 on a January morning.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Southampton is certainly not Gatwick, and let's be thankful. Small, civilised, you park (expensively) within a few yards of the terminal......I'm delighted to see that Flybe are expanding their winter flights, the more the merrier. At Chambery you park free within even fewer yards of the terminal, and can be at your car within five minutes of the plane touching down. Provided there is no fog...... But I have never tried it on a Saturday, when by all accounts it is a good place to avoid. Stick to the weekday flights, with no charter competition.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, Would agree with the comment about Bern Airport, certainly a short and convenient transfer to Wengen, as we discovered last Jan. Will consider FlyBe from Manchester again just for that reason.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, yes from experience Soton terminal is awake - can't say as much for the staff/cafe/WHSmith, tho wink However considering that for even international flights it's still possible to turn up 30mins of departure, I shouldn't be so quick to get out of bed if I were you. Brush teeth 6am, check-in 6.20am, knock back cup of coffee at terminal, then buy a croissant when you arrive on the Continent. Little Angel

pam w, yep. Taxi £11pp, 20mins from my front door to (very nearly inside) check-in. No crowds, no queues, no idiot staff (although Soton staff do take longer to decipher my visa status - except for me, there are no UK residents travelling from Soton on an NZ passport wink ). I still can't do a crafty Monday to Friday trip to les Alpes francais via Chambery or Geneva, tho. Limited to Thurs - Tues, which involves weekend prices in resort. Sigh. One day I might not be so tight.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
srobbo, FlyBe only do Manchester to New York, Gurnsey, Jersey and Southampton, However they will do Berne, Chambéry, Geneva or Salzburg from Birmingham
snow report
Manda, FlyBe say 1 hour before departure with luggage, 45 mins without although I'm sure 2 years ago it was just 30 mins
snow conditions
D G Orf, FlyBe did the charter flights for Inghams last winter inc Manchester - Berne
snow conditions
srobbo, Ah !
latest report
srobbo, If you need to go to Wengen (lol)you can go with Crystal as they are flying into Berne now or buy seat only from £99.
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, I checked the other day for a friend and Crystal flights from Stanstead to Berne was £199 return not during half term week Shocked
ski holidays
D G Orf, i did say from £99 Laughing Laughing ..thats expensive,Inghams last year from Gatwick (Flybe charter)to Berne was £154..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy