Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA ski carriage charges

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have looked and thought there was a thread with all airlines and there charges listed but I can't find it...

So I'm flying BA I have a case a bootbag and a skibag what do I need to book?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2 extra bags unless the boot bootbag is your hand luggage. You can take a ski bag as your one and only checked bag if your gear will fit in there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Free for your case and you have to pay for ski carriage as an extra as normal- which should include putting your boot bag in the hold too
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you have a coffin bag and can get your ski's, boots and clothes in it and its under 23kg its free.

If you only have a skinny ski bag then chuck your boots into your main case (or as hand luggage) and it will be one extra bag at £28 each way.

BA charge per bag (over and above the one free bag they give you), but they do give you 23kg for each extra bag.

When we went over xmas and new year we had one coffin bag as a "gear" bag with 2 sets of ski's, a snowboard, skins, crampons etc, so only had to pay £28 each way (it was bang on 23kg). In my opinion that's not too bad as with other eairlines, they would probably bust you for 3x ski carriage.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
II, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2561&start=80#1686521

If you haven't already got one, it is cheaper to buy a new large ski bag than pay the additional carriage fees of taking skis separately. Get a v. large double ski bag and put everything in it and then take your boots on as hand luggage.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
£28 each way? They've reduced the charge then, last April it was the same as an extra bag and so £75 each way.

I took a large snowboard bag and filled it with skis, boots, etc, then put everyone else in a weekend case and took it in the cabin.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, long haul maybe ? £28 in Oct 09 http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56349&start=0

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
II, I'm flying out with BA to Venice for the Birthday Bash. Boots will be in my normal main hold bag, and I will be taking a separate ski bag, for which I have paid an additional £56 for the round trip. As Ray Zorro says, if you feel you want to cope with a massive ski bag and lug your boots onto the aircraft, you can save money. Personally, my preference is not to fly BA - but this time it was the best choice for a variety of reasons.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks all, the thing is I'm flying easyjet for 2 fights as well on the same trip so... boots will be in my bootbag for those flights then moved to my main bag for the BA legs... why can't all airlines just standerdise things Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy