Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden guide recommendations and rugby

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Off to Solden next Wed for our yearly boys trip and, as it's not a resort any of us have been to before, we'd like to hire a guide to take us around some of the off-piste for a couple of days. Does anyone have any recommendations for English speaking guides?

Also, does anyone know of anywhere in town that's likely to be showing the Eng v Wales 6 Nations game on Friday night? I'm guessing the Austrians are not big rugby fans Sad

Moz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Solden is not a very british resort nost of the customers come from Russia and Scandanavia but I am sure there is one irish bar there with sky sports but cannot remember the name of it. Most Austrian ski guides speak English and I am sure there is a scandi company that deos guiding in English. Top place for a lads trip full lap dance bars just watch the prices.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richiavo wrote:
Solden is not a very british resort nost of the customers come from Russia and Scandanavia but I am sure there is one irish bar there with sky sports but cannot remember the name of it. Most Austrian ski guides speak English and I am sure there is a scandi company that deos guiding in English. Top place for a lads trip full lap dance bars just watch the prices.

There's an Irish bar the other side of the river (from the main street). I think the name is the Lucky Shag.......made me chuckle when I saw it wink

Also there was a bar in the main street on the right as you walk up from the Giggijochbahn, unusual octagonal shape, really nice all made of wood with a revolving roof. They were always showing sport in there, mostly football. Spent many an evening in there watching footy with some Geordies
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The freeride center in Solden offers excellent off-piste guiding. The guides I used have been fluent in English. I have skied with Lorri Huber and Marcus, both top quality.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck with the rugby. We tried to watch a premier league game last year but because there a no Brits in Solden they look after the locals, Germans and Dutch. There is an Irish bar at the end of the main road which might be worth a try.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's another Irish pub (in addition to The Lucky Shag) on Dorfstrasse (the main street) called Chris and Co. You might get rugby there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy