Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere VIP Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at the prices for a 6 day pass in Val and saw this VIP pass. From what I can gather you pay 10euros for it but the standard pass is reduced by 10euros (so it all evens out) and everytime you subsequently use it you get 5-10% off?

My question is why would anyone not do this? Is there some catch I'm missing?

Also, has anyone ordered one, how long does it take to get to the UK?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When you buy the website tells delivery times, I think it was two weeks to the UK. I bought mine about a week before travelling, so I selected the collect in resort option. The collection point is in the Solaise cable car building. Watch their opening times 8:30am to 6pm (I think!). I arrived at about 6:30pm and was disappointed as it was a fair walk for my first evening plus I had to visit again at 8:30 next morning and that time I had my full ski gear with me.

I guess people who only visit occasionally do not need or want the VIP pass; it only lasts three years. For people who visit two or more times within three years it gives a small saving. I believe the big gain is for families who visit often and so pay big money and then get additional perks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have used this service for the past two years and it`s really simple.Book from the comfort of your home and around 5days later it come through the door and it saves a bit of money.

Well worth it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info, have ordered one to pick up from the Solaise, we should (fingers crossed) be in resort around 4-5pm so should give us time to pick it up when we arrive.

One more question and its a long shot, the receipt says if you buy 5 days or more you are entitled to a free day in some of the neighbouring resorts, just present the recipt for a voucher and get the pass.
I'm assuming this free day has to be within your period the pass is valid for. Has anyone tried rocking up weeks later and claiming a free day?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ish303,

Yes the free day in another resort is within the period your Espace Killy pass is valid for.

If you're a regular skier in the Espace Killy you will save quite a lot of money on Lift passes using the VIP system, I also got a voucher for free entry to the swimming pool this year.

The VIP is basically a loyalty scheme. In the past if you gave in an Espace Killy lift pass that was up to 3 years old you were given a 5% discount on your new lift pass.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Presumably all of the above applies to all Espace Killy passes i.e. is the same for Tignes as for Val?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's either Tignes, Val or both... Espace Killy.

I understood that any pass of 7 days or more gave you a day in Paradiski.

The old lift pass was something I didn't know about.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I also noticed that if you want to book 8 days you have to get the VIP pass as the website won't let you book 8 days on the standard public pass
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone got VIP passes to spare? I am going Val d'Isere on 22 Feb with some friends. I was told by the resort that the VIP program ends after this season.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Same deal in Tignes - its called the Pass Tignes - just no poncy overtones of being VIP. Oh and they are personal with photos so don't use anyone else's.

The free days skiing applies to any pass of 6-15 days in Paradiski or 3V
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I got myself a Tignes Pass online this year (arriving on Sunday yay!). Like you say, it saves you a few euros so why not? Ordered on a Fri afternoon, delivered the UK the following Wed. Others travelling with me experienced the same kind of delivery times.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A bit confused by the above - so is the Pass Tignes being discontinued after this season also? (seems to defeat the point of signing up somewhat). Or is that just the Val'D VIP pass?

I also have a regular pass from last year. Is there anything I can do with this to obtain a discount this year?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Slightly off topic but I am heading to Val the first week of Feb for 1 week then back to Tignes 1st week of March for 1 week, would the VIP card work across both resorts? Trying to figure out if there is a cheaper way than to buy 2 x €250 passes?!

Any help appreciated Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sixspeed, I renewed my Pass for this season - nothing to suggest its coming to an end as its valid for 3 years.
Robh22, It will work in both resorts if you charge it with a full area pass (Espace Killy) although if you have a problem/lose it/break it you will have to get to Val to sort it out. However your cheapest option will be 2 separate weeks as you cannot stop/start a pass.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One thing to watch out for is that if getting a Val VIP pass covering the entire EK you need to start using it in Val, not Tignes (at least this was the case a few years ago and I presume it hasn't changed). So, if you were staying in Val one year but Tignes the next you wouldn't be able to use it the second time until it had been validated by being first used in Val. I was allowed up the Aeroski by the lifties and then had to ski down to La Daille pronto to validate it there and back up to join my Tignes based ski school. A bit of extra hassle for the first day I could have done without.
snow conditions
Chocksaway - so you can renew your VIP pass? Argh! I can't even get on to the VIP program! It's closed!
snow conditions
Being in Tignes, I have a 'Pass Tignes'. I have just done a dummy run on the website and you can still buy a Pass Tgnes (€10) and you still gat the 5% immediate discount.
latest report
I checked the Tigne website (http://www.skipass-tignes.com/en/loyalty_program) and they have a loyalty program for Euro10. If I buy the Espace Killy 6-day pass, it cost Euro 240.

But I visited Val d'Isere website (http://www.valdiserepass.com/) - there is no VIP program and the Espace Killy cost Euro252.

I will be staying at Val d'Isere. Can I buy Espace Killy From Tignes Website? Shouldn't be any different right?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy