Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel, March 20th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My better half is arranging a long weekend for friends in Kitzbuhel.

A few glass is half empty types have said that there is little snow at this time.

I cannot see this being the case but does anyone have an opinion on this as we are booking everything this weekend.

Cheers

Jack
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shouldn't have thought it would be a problem. The runs down to resort are likely to be rather tricky at the end of the day (you could always get the cable car down). But up top should be fine. Spent that very week skiing deep powder in Kitzbuhel two years ago...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have never had trouble skiing in Kitzbühel in March (though maybe not always the best down to valley level, as nozawaonsen says).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jumping Jack Flash, Roll the dice..... mid-march last year and lower slopes looked like a golf course.(actually i think it is a golf course wink ) Then a fair bit of snow mid-week and the place was transformed. Whole place is a bit low tbh.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's not really about altitude, it's just about weather. For example, Austria has pretty much the best snow of the Alps at the moment.

I'm going to Kitzbuhel on 5th March and I was there for the week after that in 2008. Even if there is no snow at resort level (which is fairly common) the runs from the Hahnenkamm upwards are usually in great shape in March, often better than January.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jumping Jack Flash, March will be grand, like the others are saying the runs down to resort may be slushy and sketchy but easy to hop in the gondola. Some great spring skiing to be had up top!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
heidiky wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, March will be grand, like the others are saying the runs down to resort may be slushy and sketchy but easy to hop in the gondola. Some great spring skiing to be had up top!

Heidi,as you know, I'm off to Soll but might get the ski pass that allows me to go to Kitzbuhel...Would love to ski the famous Hahnenkamm but are there other challenges over there?

Thanks,

Bendy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year we had a decent dump of fresh in Kitx late march/early april. Saying that, this season's been a bit funny - no snow for ages and warm temps runied everything, then recently it's been dumping... It should be fine though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ben Dover wrote:
Would love to ski the famous Hahnenkamm but are there other challenges over there?

The runs I find challenging are:
a) From the Steinbergkogel there is the piste 38 called the "Direttissima", going on down by the "Schlagerl" to the Ehrenbacher Graben (there is a
YouTube video of this - it looks steeper when you're on it!). It is also possible to ski down under the Steinbergkogel chairlift, when conditions allow. Some people also ski off-piste on the south side of the Steinbergkogel but I've never tried that and wouldn't without someone there with local knowledge.

b) The off-piste areas under the Hochsaukaser lift can be interesting.

c) Over towards Pass Thurn, the run down under the 2000er chairlift is usually mogully.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 28-01-11 23:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ben Dover, There's definitely more to Kitzbuehel than the Hahnenkamm NehNeh Some great off piste areas as well as some decent steep black runs. There's also a black run in Westendorf that although short, is like 80%!!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ben Dover, There's definitely more to Kitzbuehel than the Hahnenkamm NehNeh Some great off piste areas as well as some decent steep black runs. There's also a black run in Westendorf that although short, is like 80%!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
espri, arghhh! I've promised to do piste 38 again this season and I pooped my pants last time. I quite liked the other two blacks down from the Steinbergkogel though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
heidiky wrote:

Um, no there isn't, it's like 30 degrees...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Um, no there isn't, it's like 30 degrees...

Black run 112, sign at the top reads 80%. Pretty steep, feels the same as the harakiri which is 78 i think. Don't know why they can't rate it in degrees like.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jumping Jack Flash, there's likely to be LOTS of snow, but it may well get soft in the PM. If I could only ski one month a year it would defo be March. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy