Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
out in obertauern next sunday was planning a day trip to schladming.. want to get up all for peaks whats the best end to start from re sunshine later in the day good bars to end at etc ..or any other tips.. i was thinking start at Gleiming as thats the nearest
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big Day. I did 'Four hill friday' a couple of years ago, but ended up skiing the hole thing twice starting on Planai, up and down Hauser, back up planai then down into schladming/Rohrmoos, up hochwurzen, up then down to base of Reiteralm, up to the top them all the way back to Schladming, then across to Hauser and back just to be able to say we did the whole thing twice.

Have fun Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always thought that Mauterndorf might be a good visit from Obertauern, just a bit further up the valley. And if the snow conditions are still really good, why not..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bob, Mauterndorf is quite fun for a day trip. Nice big bowl at the top. Long piste run through the trees on either side. Excellent kaisershmarrn at the hut at the top...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most of the area is north-facing so doesn't get sunshine later in the day, but coming from OT, there is really no reason that I can think of why you would want to drive/bus all the way to Haus just to ski to Reiter and back, so if I were you I would park/de-bus at Gleiming like you say.

There are bars on the Reiter pre your last slide down, and a couple of 'umbrella' bars at the bottom, but it is much quieter than say Schladming, so depends how important that is to you really!

D
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I will be in Schladming tomorrow Wink

Would anyone know where to head for some easy off-piste - sort of in between pistes etc?

I never ventured much off piste so only look for easy stuff. I understand there is not much open space to go off piste there
but if any of the mountains is better I would head there tomorrow.

(sorry for posting here but only one day to go so no point to open new thread)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tom W, just above the link between Planai and Hauser Kaibling is a little used T-Bar ( lift K ???? ) serving some pretty gentle off-piste, although from what I hear about the snow in Austria at the moment, almost everywhere will feel like off-piste Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Deliaskis,

I agree, I would stay around Rieteralm,lovely area to ski,great bars and not as manic as Planai !
I will be there soon......!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy