Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sean Connery on the Piste?

Poster: A snowHead
We bumped into someone who was a dead spit for Sean Connery in Courchevel last week. Sounded like him too (we had a random conversation with him about how quiet it was and he jokingly accused us of skiing on his private piste). Does anyone know if he is a skier and was out there last week?

Not really a celeb watcher but some years ago I did see Richard Branson in Courchevel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 26-01-11 23:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big Dave, no idea, but a big plus for spelling Courchevel correctly. Pity about Sean's surname though.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to this : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000125/bio "He has never appeared in a "Skiing" James Bond picture."

I have done my best to Google this...but no, nothing, apart from some guy looking like the man from Zalando who said his instructor looked like Mr. Connory.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 18-02-14 16:32; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Big Dave, See this page : http://www.eupropertyfinder.com/pages/swiss-property-it-isnt-all-about-skii

Mentions that he is (was) a resident in Gstaad, so likely to be a skier.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not bad for an 80 year old.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
D'ya think he'll have Seen Corduroy?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yoda wrote:
Big Dave, no idea, but a big plus for spelling Courchevel correctly. Pity about Sean's surname though.... Toofy Grin

Now edited ....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Big Dave, ya shoulda just asked him if he still sees Pussy Galore these days
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I once saw slab-faced television funnyman Hugh Dennis in La Rosiere, having his lunch.

Me and my brother clandestinely reeled out loads of his Mary Whitehouse Experience catchphrases just loudly enough for him to hear, but not clearly enough for him to be certain.

Sorry Hugh.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some people in our group bumped into Ewan McGregor in a lift queue once. Slebs do like skiing, it's posh you know.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were in Courchevel a few years back and saw Bojo staggering down the road late at night a little the worse for wear. That was before he was mayor though - sure he wouldn't have time to go and get pi55ed in ski resorts these days, oh no.
Thing is, I'm rubbish at sleb-spotting: I only ever notice if someone else points them out Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geepee wrote:
Big Dave, See this page : http://www.eupropertyfinder.com/pages/swiss-property-it-isnt-all-about-skii

Lol well only since Roger Left
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kim Wilde - Restaurant up at Rendl, St Anton. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick Faldo on the gondola and Suggs in the ski shop in Thollon. Thats the best I can do Embarassed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sir Steve Redgrave in Kitzbuhel december 2009 & 2008
ski holidays
Colin Jackson, Chamonix, Jan 2010
ski holidays
David Beckham Hemel, Dec 2010 Toofy Grin
snow conditions
OMG what have I started! It's like Hello Magazine here. And I really hate the cult of celebrity, Jordan this, Peter Andre that. Tescos now sell Anthony Worrell Thompson sausages, which say on the side "Prick with a fork".
latest report
Angus Deaton and Courchevel in Jan 2002, Posh and Becks in Courchevel in 2007.
snow conditions
Big Dave, hmm, more of a visual joke that one

ski holidays
Agreed, whole celeb thing is pathetic on a good day, espcially as most of them are C list at best, however for Sir Sean of Bond.........maybe even I would make an exception.
ski holidays
Anthony Worrell Thompson is black Shocked
snow conditions
Sgt Bob Cryer having an aperitif in Val Thorens last April. End of Thread!
ski holidays
Big Dave, Think it just shows that we are not rich enough to ski in places where proper clebs do.
snow conditions
Victoria Beckham during the Loos scandal - Courchevel

A friend of my dads was sat next to Roger Moore on a chair lift in Gstaad
snow conditions
tiffin, Laughing clearly that's Ainsley, the original joke was about him.
snow report
Sarah Ferguson with daughters stuck in a lift queue way down the line in Zermatt a few years back .... even slebs can't do anything about an old 2man breaking down....
snow report
Matin Bell (the skier not the news reporter) in vail....skied with him all day..really...they were doing a deal for brits to ski with him for free as he was "british ambasador to vail resorts"...does this count ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geepee wrote:

geepee Correct me if I'm wrong.. But I think you maybe talking about Roger Moore who owns property in Gstaad. Roger is a keen skier and spends most of winter in Gstaad.

Hi Everybody. Great forum.
snow conditions
Assassin Creed, I was going by this extract from the link :-

Quote:
In Gstaad, prices are high – at £6,700-£8,500 per sq m, it's twice as expensive as the Italian-speaking region of Ticino or 50 per cent more than Lake Geneva. So is its celebrity resident count, with Bernie Ecclestone and Sean Connery among them. It is one of the largest ski areas in Europe and eternally desirable as a place to be seen.
snow report
Wow! that's good news. I've always rated Roger Moore as James Bond only second to Sean Connery as James Bond, anyway. BTW, I skied with Franz Klammer at what used to be called Beckton Alps dry ski slope in East London and Gloucester dry ski slope.
ski holidays
Assassin Creed, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Bringing this back to ski celebs, had lunch next to Tom Wallisch, Mike Riddle, Nick Martini and film crew in Queenstown Sep 10. They were filming this among other things. Awesome climax with Wallisch starts around 2'30.

Jon Olsson and Colby James were at Treble Cone while we were there too but only saw the prepping of this for Jon. Weather delayed him nailing it while we were there to watch. Check out these blogs for the full story. Episodes 8 - 10. Check out the Kea at 2'20 in Ep9 - they are the coolest birds! Rode the lift with Goatee guy at 6'56 in Ep 9, top bloke. For anyone wanting to cut straight to the action, go to Ep10 2'33.

A few years ago, while skiing in Scotland, someone remarked that it must remind me of skiing in New Zealand and it's erked me ever since. Ah. No. They have nothing in common. Sorry Scotland. Those just aren't mountains you've got there.
ski holidays
Once had a chat with Jonny Ball (Think of a number & Zoe Ball's dad) in a bus queue at Zurs. Nice guy Cool
snow report
Dirty Den spotted a couple of weeks ago in Gatwick waiting for his luggage on the flight back from Sofia. Looked well rough and appeared to have injured his leg too.
snow conditions
I was surprised to be standing in the toilets at the Folle Douche, Val D'Isere next to Richard Branson. And, no, I didn't look down.
latest report
re branson, he has a house in Valdisere,and i think he has a plane to get him there too Very Happy
ski holidays
6 years ago when I was waiting for the lift one morning in the Chateau Whistler, I gave some guy a mouthful for smoking in the lift. A little later I stood behind the same guy in a queue in the ski room waiting to collect skis and boots - he turned around and grinned at me and it was only then I recognised him to be Kiefer Sutherland. Apparently he's a keen heli skier.
snow conditions
Russel Brand in the Pitch in St Foy think it was 2007.

Another for Sarah Ferguson but was back in the mid 80's in Tignes, when she was a little more wild than she is now wink
snow conditions
livetoski wrote:

Another for Sarah Ferguson but was back in the mid 80's in Tignes, when she was a little more wild than she is now wink

I think that was the time when she acted as Patron to the British Army Ski Team.
snow report
Assassin Creed wrote:
Wow! that's good news. I've always rated Roger Moore as James Bond only second to Sean Connery as James Bond, anyway. BTW, I skied with Franz Klammer at what used to be called Beckton Alps dry ski slope in East London and Gloucester dry ski slope.

From what I can recall Sir Roger Moore (have a little repect for the great man please) was a winter resident of Crans-Montana. He took up alpine skiing after TSWLM. He's now Monaco based, don't know if he still skis.

Pete
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy