Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort when iam in Vienna

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Vienna with work and have 2 days spare to hit the slopes. I know skiing near Vienna is limited and i suppose i could hop on a plane to Innsbruck or Salzburg but for 2 days it doesn't seem worth it. What is the better area? Iam an intermidiate and don't mind blacks or reds

Zauberberg
Stuhleck
Corona
Oetscher
Hochkar

Any of you been to these and have some feedback on them?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zauberberg (Semmering), Stuhleck and Corona are easier to get to (just over an hour from Vienna). Hochkar and Ötscher (Lackenhof) are further away but Hochkar is the better area (most piste and highest so generally better snow). Are you going on a weekend and planning to stop over for 1/2 nights or are you doing two day trips?

http://www.bergfex.com/niederoesterreich/

http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Iam working in Vienna Tues, Weds, Thurs and fri and thought i would make the best of the company paying the flights and ski Sat and Sun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jerby, I'd pick Stuhleck over Semmering. I'd have thought with the recent snow round Vienna things should be pretty good right now. It can get pretty windy at times at the top, but there is some good skiing and some pretty decent lengthy runs (2000m plus) and some decent restaurants.

http://www.stuhleck.at/html/E/skiregion.asp?pass=x

Do you have access to a car?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes i will have a car. Not going until 22nd March.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jerby, the car will be handy, by that date you may want to be mobile to make the best out of spring conditions. Keep in mind that by car Schladming is about 3 hours 30 away and Obertauern a little further.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jerby,

As nozawaonsen says, conditions will dictate where's best end of March. Just realized Stuhleck now has more km's than the others but it's mostly blue runs. Don't forget there's night skiing at some resorts during certain days through the week (e.g. Semmering & Schladming)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is there plenty of accomadation at these slopes?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jerby, I would not have thought that accommodation would be a problem. You would get more of a buzzing atmosphere n the evening if you were in one of the larger resorts (Schladming or Obertauern) though. A lot of people at Stuhleck and Semmering come up for the day from Vienna.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jerby, there is a direct train from Vienna to St Anton...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27, yeah but not for two days skiing. If you could go overnight on the Thursday and then could fly out of Innsbruck late on the Sunday...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nozawaonsen, does it take ages then?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Depends on the train. Can be just under six hours, can be eight hours. If you get the overnight train it takes ten, but obviously you can sleep and dream you are in some sort of Poirot-esque adventure. It gets you into St Anton at just after 0600. Ready to claim first tracks...

http://youtube.com/v/K89xgioWOWI
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like it's closer to Vienna, that way it saves the hassles of trains etc although St Anton would have been the dream. But closer to Vienna and more time on the slopes.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jerby,

Seen a lot of adverts here in Vienna lately for skiing flights to Innsbruck @ €100.

http://www.ruefa.at/offerdetails.asp?k=RRKS&c=FLYUNDSKI&gclid=COaX09W9v58CFVmHzAodxg1Tzw

Inkludierte Leistungen = Included
Flug Wien - Innsbruck - Wien mit Austrian = Flight Vienna to Innsbruck
Flughafentaxen und Sicherheitsgebühren = Flight taxes
Bustransfer Flughafen - Skigebiet Axamer Lizum - Flughafen - Bus transfer to Axamer Lizum
Skiausrüstung Standard von Intersport Olympia Rent (Ski, Snowboard, Stöcke, Schuhe) - Aufzahlung auf Premium Ausrüstung vor Ort möglich. - Standard Snowboard Ski rental, inc boots and poles (Premium upgrade available at extra cost)
Tages-Liftkarte für Axamer Lizum - Day lift ticket
10% Ermässigungs-Voucher im Panoramarestaurant Hoadlhaus (2340 m) - 10% discount voucher in Restaurant Hoadlhaus
1 Power Glühwein vor dem Rücktransfer zum Flughafen - 1 Power Glühwein before transfer back to Airport.

Vienna 06:35 - 07:35 Innsbruck
Innsbruck 19:00 - 20:00 Vienna

Departure /availlable until 31.03.2011

wait a minute forget that - Sundays not available and Saturdays are all booked up already

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 26-01-11 14:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Another offer here for 2 day ski pass and 1 night hotel (no flight) @ 94.50
http://www.skihotels-innsbruck.at/
snow report
Useful Vienna skiing link ....

http://viennaskiing.com/
ski holidays
Thanks for the info. Very useful. Theres more than i thought for a couple day's.
ski holidays
Jerby, do let us know what you ended up doing - I'm in Bratislava sometimes and I might to finesse a Wien based ski trip next time...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy