Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A New Breed Of Gear Review?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://sports.espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/news/story?id=6057772

An online ski, snowboard and mountain biking gear review site debuting this week has called out the competition: "The current state of gear reviews is a joke," begins BlisterGearReview.com's brazen online 'manifesto,' which continues: "And short reviews suck." Blister's average product review, by contrast, will be a considerable 1,200 words. "Too many review sites and publications read like the ad copy produced by the manufacturers themselves, and many literally won't publish a negative review of a product ... a serious review forum should not shy away from telling the truth."

and here's an example: http://blistergearreview.com/blister/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are David Goldsmith and I claim my £5 ... Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roga, it was a cloning experiment that went horrobly wrong.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One man's truth is another lawyer's libel writ.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
roga, it was a cloning experiment that went horrobly wrong.

Anyone suing? wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone can write 1,200 words in a review when they pad as much as that guy!!!

"As I made my way to the entrance of the notoriously steep “Fingers” chutes, I encountered an invisible rain crust that required nothing short of hockey skates. As the terrain rolled over into a no fall zone, I quickly became grateful for the minimal side cut that enabled full edge contact in the steepest of zones. This was something Shane McConkey taught me to appreciate when I skied with him at Squaw a decade ago. He claimed that side cut was great for carving easy turns on groomers, but can quickly work to your disadvantage in steep, no fall zones if only your tip and tail are contacting the snow. Remembering this, I held on for two dicey slide turns before sending it off a spine and ripping full speed through the avalanche debris below. This was a good day." Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That guy is so core, skiing the edge of gnar for us gapers.

Its either 1200 words of blether or 1200 words of technoweenie shit about flex and torsion and cores, none of it really leaves you much the wiser.

The problem is there probably are very few bad skis and very few bad bindings so it really comes down to bad skiers!

By the way, good luck to ESPN and their 1200 word reviews. I can't see what their business model is for producing so much verbiage given that even the scraper reviews probably only nickle and dime a living.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shoogly wrote:
Anyone can write 1,200 words in a review when they pad as much as that guy!!!

Not everyone, the wailer one is 900 odd Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is this not where peer to peer sites e.g. shs have trad reviews beat? OK no-one slags their own gear too badly but you can get the benefit of understanding how it performs longer term in a variety of conditions rather than in a limited test on a single slope on a single day.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i recognised the DPS 112 review from a post on TGR and Marshall Olsen is a longtime poster on there plus a reviewer on blister. so possibly just rehashing TGR reviews - not a bad thing necessarily
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno wrote:
i and Marshall Olsen is a longtime poster on there plus a reviewer on blister.

plus DPS distributor?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DPS rep - he sold me my 112s!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When's the 1,200 word review on the latest ski sock?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy