Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunshine Village in a bit of a pickle!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
fatbob wrote:
Entick, I know no more than that guy has collated but if there had been anything else formally decided I would have expected it to show up on TGR given that were one of the recipients of the "cease & desists".
Ah that is why it went quiet the "cease & desists" threat.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The allegations that SSV have breached environmental regulations could turn out to be a can of worms: Canadian environmental groups have a longstanding interest in getting skiing in the National Park banned completely (something that would shut down both SSV and LL).

This will certainly give them some more ammunition.

Incidentally, Chris Chevalier is now working for a cat-ski operation out of Fortress Mountain, near Nakiska.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Howdy all... Pleased you are enjoying these documents Very Happy

Entick - There have been no judgements regarding either case. The ones you see were related to a sealing order where SSV tried to prevent the release of court documents. This was overturned. The information that was temporarily sealed is contained in the affidavit posted on my page. I believe the initial case is in discovery, it may make it to trial by the end of the year. Legal process is slow in Alberta. There have been no settlements that I am aware of...

It is definitely interesting reading the facts as presented by either side rather than pure media/internet speculation!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So all is not well in SSV ? I'm due to visit in 4 weeks. Are there still issues to sort out, how many runs, mountains they will have open?

Andy ???
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SSV is wide-open. So is Louise, Kicking Horse, Norquay, Revy, etc..... We have a good base ready for whatever March madness Ullr throws at us.

Some have decided to boycott the hill due to the owners handling of this affair.

I still have a pass at SSV as I enjoy the big mountain terrain. The new patrol crew are a good bunch. However I do not spend a penny on hill as to not line the owners pockets.

Go to whichever hills you want to go to..... Unless YOU particularly want to boycott them, it's your call.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for the info, something that we will obviously consider when we arrive.

Andy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Chris Chevalier is now working for a cat-ski operation out of Fortress Mountain

i think they picked upa few of the other staff fired too.

Rumors keep having it that Fortress will open 2014/2015 much bigger, but there are always Fortress rumors
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ramzee wrote:
Go to whichever hills you want to go to..... Unless YOU particularly want to boycott them, it's your call.

Of course, although I'll not be back there until they change the culture. They need to have their resort safety managed by professionals, not a rich kid's whim.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

resort safety managed by professionals

Based on my experience there last year it is the Piste Patrol boys are a great bunch of lads
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13 wrote:
Based on my experience there last year it is the Piste Patrol boys are a great bunch of lads

I'm sure that's so: my point is that they're not in charge of the safety, the rich kid is.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
philwig, They are in charge of everyones safety except the rich kid trying to win a Darwin award.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gryphea,
Quote:

Rumors keep having it that Fortress will open 2014/2015 much bigger, but there are always Fortress rumors

I hope it does reopen: it used to be a great hill.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I hope it does reopen: it used to be a great hill.

We never skied there, it was shut since we arrived. But the bridge got fixed by the movie inception which has, I understand, mae a potential reopening possible
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The road and bridge is what ultimately led to it's downfall.... as gryphea says, that got fixed by Matt Damon personally (I hear he's great with a grader).

The big problem now is that the permits for the lifts expired. Hard work getting them back without installing brand new metal. I think the base lodge needs to be ripped down too....

The Cat-ski op is pretty much fully booked for the whole season, so they are doing well and Chevy/Rowan are getting all the experience in how to manage that place's terrain.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy