Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for Intermediatte lady skier.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to buy my first skis.
I am 5' and around 130lbs. I have only ever rented (140cms) and I am now looking to buy my own skis.
I am from the UK and have skied in Banff, Canada up to Blue runs and Europe red and easy black. Looking to progress up to more black runs. I like wide turns, mostly parallel, moderate speed. I also stay mainly on piste - though did go off quite by mistake over some moguls on my latest ski holiday, and dealt with them OK. Smile
I am have narrowed my choice down to the K2 True Luv in 142cm or Dynastar Exclusive Active in 143cm or Elan Wave Magic 146cm. The Wave Magics just due to my local shop having them at a good price.Are these the right length and what ones will be better? Reading online someone did recommend the Salomon Topaz as well.
Any advice greatly received.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
luvtoski, welcome to Snowheads. Don't know why your post has attracted no replies. Perhaps the ladies on here a little busy or shy. Being a man I can't really advise other than to say the best way really is to an on slope test. Best of luck making your choice.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 26-01-11 16:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
luvtoski, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

It's very hard for me to offer advice as a) I don't know much about skis and b) I'm not your height. I get very confused with all the different Luvs but I think the Tru Luv is their softer ski aimed more at the lower intermediate. If you ski easy blacks and are wanting to improve you might find one of their other women-specific skis better, such as Burnin Luv for just piste or Lotta Luv for 'all-mountain'.

I would go with the suggestion to try them out at a slope if you can - if you are near Milton Keynes you can try out skis from Ellis Brigham at the snowdome there. I think Snow & Rock at Hemel do the same thing but charge? Altho I could be wrong with that!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
luvtoski, welcome to snowheads. snowHead I have some Wave Magics which at 156cms are a bit short for me - my daughter, a good skier and lighter than I am (about your weight, though taller) likes them very much. I haven't skied the others - probably nobody has skied them all, so it's hard to advise, as the feel of skis is very personal. What I would say is don't go too short - certainly no shorter than nose level, given what you say about your standard.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy