Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

guess where my snowboard is

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Turns out flybe are OK at getting your ABS bag on flight (take print out of email from customer relations as everyone gives you grief about it until you show them that) but as for ski's and snowboards... They will let a few book ski's onto your flight (but not snowboards?) 3 of my party managed to book ski's on at a cost of £30 each way, the rest of us could put our ski's and boards on standby. We were told they always got all the ski's and boards on and that if they couldn't it was first come first served by the booking person.
Our group were the first to book our ski's and snowboards onto the outward flight. All those who had prepaid for "guaranteed" ski carrige and one bag of snowboards watched their equipment being driven back to Exeter airport. We had all given contact details and been told if our luggage didn't make it onto the flight they'd contact us before departure. No contact was made, and quite clearly there was no priority given to those who had paid or first come as ours were the only ones not to make the flight, ours were at the bottom of the pile as we were first checked in.
At Chambery, no one knew anything. Our transfer driver (from Transfer Intelligence, excellent) waited with us and helped translate. We were eventually told the following flight had been diverted to Grenoble so our equipment was probably there. As were filling the forms in an hour later one of our party who happened to be near the arrivals spotted our bags on the carousel (spl?), so not too bad, but not confidence inspiring...
On the return flight no ski's or boards at all made it onto the plane, so had half the passengers trying to get forms and information at the same time.
Filled in form and were given a phone number to call today to get information about when bags were going to be delivered and the tracking number. The number goes straight to some womans answer phone, no mention of if she works for Fly Be...
Now mine was only on standby, but still. As for how those who paid upfront, terrible. So don't pay extra for carrige up front and check in as late as possible!
So who knows, take a guess, everyone else is...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gavin2020, I don't know if it was the case with your flight, but Flybe tend to use much smaller aircraft than most operators, and really are very limited in the amount of space they have for oversized luggage.

They are all either Bombardier Q400 (prop driven) or Embraer 195 (jet, but only 118 seats).

I wouldn't recommend using them for a flight where ski carriage is important.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Small blessing in disguise, learn to ski.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have been with fly be lots of times and have always taken skis with no problem at all! luck of the draw I guess?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
delivered my snowboard today, so all ok in the end. It was a Q400 plane, such a shame as flying from Exeter is so much easier for us. I can ski thanks, when I'm too old for snowboarding I'll go back to it... wink Bad luck both ways maybe, put me off going on a skiing holiday wuth them again though, surely on a flight to Chambery in winter you must be expecting some ski equipment...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gavin2020, If you can type, you're too old for snowboarding. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trenmold, and if he's still got his own teeth he's too young to ski eh?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i was going to ski this year, but there wasn't room in the line across the brow of the hill... Laughing

and so into another skiier vs boarder thread...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy