Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Score!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My boots died the other day. A swift look at the current price of boots reminds me that I have vowed never to pay full-price for kit again. After about 48hrs scouring the net, I managed to find a decent deal on a pair that would fit me - £136 for last year's Burton DriverX ! Toofy Grin Little Angel Razz

In the interest of spreading the love, check out www.weloveburtonsnowboards.com - quite a few bargains on last year's stuff.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Burton Driver boots suck ass, you paid 136 quid too much. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only Burton boots for me, nothing else fits my square feet!

Except 32, and they really do suck ass! Twisted Evil

Seriously, this will be my 4th pair of Drivers, althoughly most recent pair were Ions. Great boots, just what I want, and never had a problem. If I'm remembering my snowHead 's rightly, you're a boot-fitter or something, right? Any issues with Burton / Drivers or just winding me up? Very Happy Some say the Drivers are too stiff, but I'm heavy and into riding big, steep lines so they're just right for me. If they're 10 out of 10 on the stiffness scale, then some Salomon offerings must be about 15!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got Salomon Malamutes from two years ago (bought them at the start of last year, also for a decent discount). The guy I know in the Burton shop from where I bought my new board the same week (the only non-Burton board he stocked Razz) reckoned that the Driver X were stiffer, despite the Mutes being regarded as the stiffest Salomon offering and being sold as stiffer than the Drivers. The lesson is, don't trust the marketing, especially in snow sports. The Driver X seemed to be good boots and were very comfy, but I'm the opposite to you: I've got narrow pointy feet and so I find that Burtons are a bit wide for me and I end up with heel lift.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 22-01-11 20:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Malamut is the shizzle, end of. The Pledge too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pyremaniac, yeah, I really like the 'mutes, but I literally can't get my foot into them! Would like to try some of the wide Salamon boots at some point (Synapse?).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevomcd, They can be made wider, don't try 'em on, get 'em fitted!!!! Twisted Evil
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, a wee while on and I'm struggling to get on with my new boots. They fit pretty-well, but they're just unbelievably stiff. I've had 3 pairs of Drivers / DriverX's in the past and not felt like this. I simply can't bend my ankle in them, which really stops me from riding properly.

At the moment, I'm swapping back and forward between the DriverXs and my old boots (Ions with not far short of 200 days on them!).

Any advice? Do I need to just man-up and wear them enough to break them in better? Haven't had them heat-moulded yet (usually wait a while until they wear-in a bit), but can't see that making a whole lot of difference.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I found that the people on splitboard .com have the most info on Drivers/malamutes and different years etc so may be some help if you trawl thru, they may agree with your findings and are interested in that kind of stuff.

Which years were your preferred choice I guess your new ones are 9/10,season.
I can,t do malamutes either although I did in the early years and took alot of pain as I had no other choice in selection.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevomcd, What F setting do you have your high backs on?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went from drivers to serows. Basically a driver with an articulated cuff. Unfortunately burton don't make them anymore as they are stiff in all the right places and articulate on the ankle which is critcal for a "surfy" style of riding....

Try an SLX as they have the articulating cuff - not cheap though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy