Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Orcieres 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Orcieres 1850 Can any one tell me any thing about this resort? Have just received details of appartment for sale there, but know nothing about the resort. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Strange place, stange people, I met a bloke with Orcières-Merlette on his jacket once, odd chap.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, Thank Ise Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, he'll be here soon, I'll just bet......
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ah ha! snowHead now I understand Very Happy, Stupid me, should have done search first. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can improvise to kill time, I could just make something up if it'd help Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise,
Must be a record abscence, over an hour!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG,
I've seen your review on if you ski.com but you wrote that in 2000! Also there is no detail on the Ski Club website?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, where's the apartment?

Interesting - when you do a search without the accent - Orcieres - you don't get the hits from my posts where I spelt it Orcières ....

South-facing - good snow record - one of the larger domains for the southern French Alps - long drive from Gap (nearest proper town) to Orc-Merlette, 40 mins in good conditions - bit 60s ugly - no trees - but easy access (by car/bus, not linked) to some of the lower resorts in the same range, consisting of pleasant villages, tree-lined runs. Good sports centre, indoor ice rink, pool. Average restaurants in the main, nothing really special - planned domain extension to 3000m - relatively cheap accommodation - lots of properties on the market last time I was there - no real après ski to speak of - very family oriented (has some awards for its facilities in the area). Very few English people, popular with the southern French.

Access? No transfers! By hire car....

3 hours from Nimes airport (Ryanair)
2.5 hours from Marseille airport (BA?)
2.5 hours from Grenoble
4 hours from Nice airport (Easyjet etc)
3 hours from Lyon

What other stuff did you want to know?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had forgotten about that review. Nothing had changed much. Haven't been there since early 2004 season. Went there virtually every Wednesday and Saturday for a few years.

What ski club site?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG wrote:
Had forgotten about that review. Nothing had changed much. Haven't been there since early 2004 season. Went there virtually every Wednesday and Saturday for a few years.

What ski club site?
The ski Club of Great Britain
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG,

Appt. details here http://www.ernalowproperty.co.uk/property.asp?resortid=27&id=115&mmenu=Orcieres-Merlette.

How many hours further in a car is than driving to B st M ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
An hour, an hour and a half more from Calais, touch less via Le Havre?

Quote:
Prices start from EUR 121,333 (GBP 84,848) for a one bed apartment including property, furniture and garage

Unless prices have rocketed, there are older properties in Merlette for considerably less than that. No idea where that new Erna Low development is going to be located, from the description.
latest report
PG wrote:

South-facing - good snow record

You sure? French kids who do their snow classes there know it as sorcières skellettes, the skellettes part coming from the thin white ski runs running through the black rock of the mountain giving it the look of a skeleton. Allegedly one of the reasons for the name change was the TB was annoyed by this nickname and thought we'll fix those pesky kids. Still compared to the drought sticken Savoie it may just have a good snow record, everything is relative I suppose.
snow report
davidof, Smile more snow there and in the Devoluy last year compared to much of the southern Alps. No lack of the white stuff over most of the years I was there, though April is definitely more a month for water-skiing!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy