Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Albergo Frohsinn - San Cassiano

Poster: A snowHead
I know a few of you have been here and it's somehwere I've looked at for each of the last few years but never got round to going. It appeals because of it's slopeside location and what appears to be a large number of easy'ish blue pistes nearby. Not to mention the opton of the Sella Ronda and the spectacular scenery.

But the website is a little shy on interior pictures, no pics of bedrooms for example. Can anyone please comment on the standard/quality of the rooms. How is the bar area, is it like other chalets where you can save €'s by drinking your own stuff or is it more hotel-lilke where that is frowned upon? How's the food?

The chalet sleeps up to 58 people, I know it's very unlikely that every bed will be used, but is the social / living space sufficient for these volumes?

Finally, 1st week of April too big a gamble? I know the snowmaking is excellent out there, all the reading I have done so far suggests it should be 'at least OK'. Any views?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might not be the best place for this query. I know snowHeads have used this place, and indeed, I am going there myself for the first time in March. Might be better in Trips and Resorts. If it is anything like the other Mountainsun places at Tignes and La Plagne, then it will be basic but comfortable, very friendly and informal. Mountainsun are good at meeting skiers needs.

As for snow conditions - well you are clearly further into spring by then so spring conditions are to be expected. Frozen hardpack first thing pisted to courduroy, softening fast in the sun and slushy after lunch. Some love it like that. "At least OK" might be the view of someone that doesn't!

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish, ahh, that's where I thought I had put it - can I ask a mod to to move it - thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ohhh it has a bar snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smithski, have you read this thread?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SteveM, Yes I have read it previously, thanks, it is interesting and is only one persons view, however doesn't answer the questions i have raised.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
smithski, if you want a mod to move it you'll need to pm one; they may not see your request
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've moved the thread. Happened to notice because although I haven't stayed at the Albergo, I have called in to see what it's like. And I can tell you that it's very friendly - I called in with another snowhead on the Birthday Bash last year, and the lady running the place stopped what she was doing, made us a coffee and gave us an impromptu tour. I would certainly consider it! I think a good way to describe it, would be to say it was "lived in" - a little frayed around the edges but welcoming.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish,

Hi
We are there 6th March,hope its not worn out by then if its frayed around the edges!!
When are you there?
No one has been able to answer the question on bar prices?
cheers
John
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
whakapapa, There are a bunch of us snowHead and some non-snowheads (17 Shocked ) going the following week to you so please dont use up all the snow and leave us some beer please Laughing
Bar prices are ok Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sounds like Fun, it is the school holidays then so trust your group enjoys it. We will leave you the beer and just drink the wine!
John
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
smithski, we are running a coaching clinic there the week before in march if you fancy it http://www.insideoutskiing.com/outskills.html wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

smithski, we are running a coaching clinic there the week before in march if you fancy it http://www.insideoutskiing.com/outskills.html

I'm doing that. Looking forward to it. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be there first week of April, as I have been the last 6 years or so. I won't go on about how amazing the area is, etc. as obviously you'll think I'm biased ... however over the last few years end of season has provided some of the best snow of the season!! Can't, obviously guarantee it every year ... but even if it's warm and spring like it's a lovely place to be Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll be there again for my 2nd year in March (with a few others Smile ). It is a 'no frills' kind of joint but very friendly staff, nice little bar, clean and comfy. Food was pretty decent, good size portions and the daily Salad option was mahoosive but very tasty. House wine was fine after your first wince and very good company. Liked it so much, decided to have a second helping Very Happy
latest report
Eeyore, sounds good - hope you have a great time and the snow gods do their stuff wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy