Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Park

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Very excited, hoping to book my skiing honeymoon in Winter Park this weekend. I have read lots about it in skiing books, but would love to hear from anyone that has actually been there. Hear there are loads of moguls and powder - my idea of heaven! Any recommendations of good accommodation (not sharing with others seeing as its our honeymoon)? Also do they definitely have dog sledging? Really want to do that, and the book says they do.

Can't wait.
z
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Zoe,
I've been a few times. http://www.theskishop.co.uk/Ski/Resorts/WinterPark.html
(These are from 2001)
There are some chalets available, not sure about somewhere just for two, I've always gone with a group of friends!
I'm not sure about dog sledging, but one romantic thing you can do is that on Thursday nights (as far as I remember) you can have dinner at the Sunspot (either in the cafetria or the restaurant). You MUST pre-book. They put a small gondola on the Zephyr express, and give you rugs to keep you warm on the ride up. There are also optional sleigh rides after dinner when you're there.

As for the skiing - Mary Jane is mogul heaven. Vasquez Cirque is worth the 45 minute hike to get round to the good bits (steep & deep pow). The main mountain runs are normally part groomed, or just left naturally. (Apart from the beginner runs which are all groomed.
On a powder day, you want to go straight to the Timerline chair, that's where you'll get the best freshies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zoe,

I posted a report in the "Trip reports" back in January

(http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=89575)

I stayed at the WP Mountain Lodge: just over the road from the base area, and the home of a microbrewery which makes pretty decent beer. - When I arrived the hotel gave me a free room upgrade, also. Very Happy Very Happy

I echo Foxy's remarks about moguls. Mary Jane mountain is the Mogul capital of America, and there's some good tree skiing, also.

The bowl off the Timberline chair is great, - the only downside is that the chair is an old slow triple.

Don't know about dog-sledding in WP, but I've done it in Canada. You sit directly behind the engines: watch out for the exhaust (tends to come flying in lumps past your ear).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy