Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who would you never fly with again

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

super-snowHead
Most of these opinions are base on a single negative experience that could have happened to any airline in the world, aren't they.

Exactly. I travel a lot with work and my work is mostly with airline companies. All of them have better days and worse days and if you only fly once or twice a year a single experience can affect your opinion disproportionately.

There are a few airlines in the less developed world that I would be very wary of for safety reasons but for most western carriers it's simply an economic decision.

Easyjet has to be a LOT cheaper than the competition before I would choose it, mainly because of its very poor on-time performance. This is both statistically the case from CAA figures and my personal experience - several delays of more than five hours. But of course some Easyjet flights are on time.

Ryanair is much better at getting to the arrival airport on time and provided that is somewhere reasonably close to where I actually want to be I can live with the bus service nature of its flights.

A lot depends on where in the aeroplane you are flying as well and sometimes on exactly which aircraft you are on. Emirates economy class is very uncomfortable for me because I am tall and many of the seats have IFE controllers underneath them, cutting into my legroom. Emirates business class ranges from adequate to superb depending on the specific aircraft and its seat configuration.

My personal favourite is Cathay Pacific and my booby prize goes to Royal Air Maroc - but your mileage may vary.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The old Crossair - way too much chocolate. Kids always felt ill when they got off!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive always found BA to be 'overall' a good bet, but after squeaky bum time last march(were they going to go on strike or not) weve decided to opt for someone else this year.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Merpati Airlines in Indonesia.

Donuts with fish in, with fish Malcolm!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flybe for me scammers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another thumbs down for FlymayBe. They managed to leave mine and others skis in Geneva, as they couldn't fit them on the plane. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, as it happened to me homebound- others had theirs left on the way out.

We flew with Titan last week (via TO) and were v impressed with the service
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I WOULD fly with Flybe again. Flew back with Flybe from Chambery to Exeter on Saturday. Watched with amusement as various punters tried justifying why their skis were more important than mine and deserved to be on the flight ... got better when we arrived at Exeter to announcement that NO skis were on board, lots of irrate people! Full marks to Flybe though who delivered them to my door two days later and made no charge for carrying them on the flight.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
provided they are cheap enough I'll fly with anyone. My expectations of low cost carriers is pretty low, thus far I've not been disappointed..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

My expectations of low cost carriers is pretty low, thus far I've not been disappointed..

Very Happy

Yes ... follow the baggage rules to the letter, allow an hour for check in (whether you have "checked in online" or not) expect to be treated like retarded sheep and bombarded with irresistible offers to buy huge quantites of cheap nasty alcohol, take your own sandwiches on board (they haven't dared ban these as a security risk - yet), expect to arrive within about an hour of the scheduled time and wait 30 minutes for your bag, and you should be okay. For me, it's a few hours that just have to be endured, and as long as it's cheap, I will.

But ... not with Ryanair, on principle Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
there's no-one I wouldn't fly with if not going was the only other option, however I would look seriously into hitchhiking, or possibly a hot air ballon, before going with Ryanair.

Before last week I would have said Easyjet as well, however my experience with them when returning with a locked knee brace was excellent, they could not have been better. Appreciate this wasn't a typical experience, but worth mentioning all the same.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward wrote:
Freddie Laker
hahaha

i will never fly ba out of innsbruck again untill they find some pilots with some balls.. every other airline got there planes in and out.. you didnt get that in bomber harris's day
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Used Easyjet quite a lot over the last couple of years and although their performance in getting baggage to it's destination hasn't been great (why is it if everyone books hold luggage in advance, they still over book the hold... I would even pay extra for a 'guranteed' delivery of bags/skis at the other end!) their punctuality has been pretty good for me, and I find the general service pretty reasonable.

Flown with Ryanair once, and didn't enjoy the experience at all - nothing specific, but really felt like a bus journey...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bogusman, Where did you find the stats? I looked and found only CAA tabulations that were much too detailed, and were not arranged by airline.

I find EZ very good and very punctual. But that is just more anecdotal.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will never fly with my Grandmother again, it's not that the last flight with her was unpleasent or anything it's just that I don't think the airlines would allow it now. This is a shame because there are so many places we could still fly to together. Ah well I'm not bitter about it or anything, I doubt they will let me fly after I'm dead either.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
planeurge, You're right that the CAA data is a bit user-hostile but you can extract some reasonable information from it if you are persistent.
For the general reader stories like this one from the Telegraph put things into perspective:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/7897346/EasyJet-less-punctual-than-Air-Zimbabwe.html
snow report
Success: Four pairs of kids skis in one snowboard bag and large boot bag with two pairs of boots (others in standard checked luggage) , both ways, no problem £20 pre-booked as one set of skis. Flights on time, and no check in queues. Thank you Flybe. Very Happy
ski holidays
I will avoid ryanair forever unless there really is no other option whatsoever. Being stranded on a motorway trying to get home for xmas is actually more appealing than flying with them ever again.
snow report
Mr T - never fly with him as I have heard he is a nightmare to get on the plane ! LOL
ski holidays
I'm flying Etihad to Australia next week - does anyone have any experience of them?
snow conditions
Callai, Excellent airline ---
latest report
Callai, Very new fleet that has had lots of money spent on it. Nice seats and IFE. Good (by airline standards) food. Crews getting more experienced and so more efficient. In the early days they were somewhat like the Andrex puppy. Really anxious to please the customers but not totally sure how.

One thing to be aware of is that Abu Dhabi has more fog days than London so sometimes you can get significant delays in the transfer and there isn't a fantastic amount to do in Abu Dhabi airport.

On the whole though (and purely in my subjective opinion) a fine alternative to Emirates.
snow conditions
Actually, though their baggage weight restrictions would be a problem for me Ryanair perform rather well.
latest report
I wouldnt fly with Charlatanefc again. On the way back from Salzburg he drank all my stella Laughing
latest report
Smokin Joe wrote:
I wouldnt fly with Charlatanefc again. On the way back from Salzburg he drank all my stella Laughing

that'll teach you to buy more than a 12-pack wink
latest report
I do my best to avoid Ryanair.

Still angry at BA for years of using them, never being offered money to take the next flight then finally being offered £200 the one time I couldn't delay my travel! Sad
snow report
achilles wrote:
Actually, though their baggage weight restrictions would be a problem for me Ryanair perform rather well.

Judging by the article (can't believe we're using the Telegraph as a reference! Laughing ), Easyjet is worse tha Ryanair on punctuality but better on most other things, particularly if you have "bagage"! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Callai wrote:
I'm flying Etihad to Australia next week - does anyone have any experience of them?

Just to put your mind at rest: this was a brand new Airbus A340 undergoing pre-delivery tests!
latest report
SAS is top of my avoid list. Cheeky chaps cancelled a flight from Copenhagen while we were waiting to board, because the inbound flight's departure had been delayed so the flight crew would have exceeded their hours. Apparently this was "unforseeable" and they couldn't find another crew so 8 hours late home (after 1am) and no compensation or even a proper apology.

It's now 13 years since I last flew with Virgin because they also mis-handled a problem, so I mean it. Evil or Very Mad

I always say that when everything's running well, there's nothing to tell between most of them. What sets an airline (or almost any service industry) apart is how they handle problems, and both SAS and Virgin couldn't cope. I put it down to staff training.

I dislike Lufthansa, just because of their typically Teutonic attitude to customer service and the planes seem to be kitted out to a most basic level. However to fly from BHX to MUC I have little choice.

I love KLM, even though their lounges are a little less well catered than BAs used to be - been a while since my Exec Club card was the right colour to find out.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've used Ryanair 6 times in the past 6 months (4 of those flights were to Gran Canaria which is nearly 5 hours flying time from Glasgow). They were absolutely fine, bang on time and I like the idea that you can sit twhere you like (that way I get a window seat!). I dont, however, like their continued "selling" on board.
ski holidays
I flew with Austrian Arrows this year. Flew in a Fokker 100, small craft with about 100 seats there where spare seats going and coming back so room to spread out . the staff where very helpful and pleasant and food although small snack was hot, crispy and flavoursom. I would defo recommend.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy