Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne transfer from Aime La Plagne & returning to Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can some knowledgeable snowHead help me out with info about organising transfers to get us to & from the Eurostar snowtrain and La Plagne 1800. I know we get off the train at Aime La Plagne which is the closest station but to go home we have to go to Bourg St Maurice. I've looked on the altibus.com website & I can book single tickets from Aime La Plagne to Plagne 1800 but when I try to book a journey from Plagne 1800 to Bourg St Maurice it won't let me, it will only let me book to Aime station. The only option that appears is Aime station every time I try even if I don't first try to book an outward journey from there. Our accommodation has suggested booking a private transfer online but not given any more information than that - very helpful!
Does anyone either know what I'm doing wrong or know any other websites to try?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi blizt, have a look at my facebook group for taxi transfers or other bus services. Although it is for Les Arcs, they will do pick ups anywhere. Link below.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blizt, contact ww.ski4funtransfers.co.uk. Snowheads based in La Plagne with a licenced and highly recommended transfer business
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the 2 suggestions so far - unfortunately I have contacted ski4funtransfers but they're already booked up Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've done this 3 times. You get a return from Aime with Altibus then buy single train tickets from Aime to Bourg St Maurice. There is a SNCF booking office in Plagne Centre in the covered shopping bit - we bought our tickets there but I imagine you could get them at the station or online. The office is no. 93 on the Plagne Centre map http://www.la-plagne.com/images/stories/OPGP/Plan-station/Plagne-Centre-2011.pdf and it's near the Bus office where you have to confirm your return bus journey. I seem to remember the train tickets were astonishingly cheap as we were travelling with children.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

For another transfer option try www.thecoolbus.co.uk. You can book single private minibus transfers on their website, or contact them for a return price which fits your requirements.

Hope that helps . . .

Heather
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info everyone. The Coolbus were already booked up for one of the journeys & as the hotel now says they can organise transfers for us at what appears to be reasonable cost, we're going to go with that. Seems crazy that it's so hard to book a return back to Bourg from la Plagne on a bus, I would have thought enough people would want to do it to make it possible via the Altibus website.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This an old thread, but I have friends doing the same journey in early January 2017.

They travel on Eurostar Ski train to Aime, but on the return journey they have to get to Bourg to catch the return Eurostar (Aime can't do the UK/France security/border checks).

The question what is the best way to get from La Plagne Bellecote to Bourg to catch the Eurostar which leaves at 9:34am (and you are asked to be there an hour before!). Would it be easier to travel from La Plagne to Moutiers?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not sure that there are any early morning trains from Aime to Bourg on a Saturday. But I think there are some from Aime to Moutiers. Check the SNCF website for details.

So if they can't arrange a direct transfer from La Plagne, then bus/taxi to Aime and train to Moutiers might be the only way.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is easier and cheaper to travel from La Plagne to Bourg than to Moutiers so that is the way to go. How many are travelling? If two or more you'll be best off getting a taxi - try ski-resort-transfers.co.uk; thecoolbus.co.uk; ski4funtransfers; secret base transfers etc. There is also taxi bouzon in La Plagne.

The transfer companies are all used to an arrive in Aime, depart from Bourg scenario and will be happy to quote for this.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy