Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Neilson seem to be working to a Sat changeover date this year resulting in changeover on 24/12 and 31/12.

This is far from ideal and I'm wondering if TO's / hoteliers are likely to do something different? I'm particularly interested in Austria (where Christmas Eve is their main celebration).

Thanks, Pete
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This year (2010), with Christmas falling on Saturday, many did Mon to Mon, but last year everyone had to travel on Boxing Day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ktk wrote:
This year (2010), with Christmas falling on Saturday, many did Mon to Mon, but last year everyone had to travel on Boxing Day.

I disagree for Austria. My experience was that some did Sunday/Sunday and the UK TO's did Tues/Tues. I found nobody who was doind Mon/Mon (and believe me I looked)!

Pete
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some TO's are already stating what days they are using for next season. Eg Ski Total are doing Friday-Friday for December.

And ditto the above comment, was Tues-Tues over the Christmas/New Year period for the Saturday changeovers I knew of in Austria (Inghams and Crystal).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Neilson and Crystal are doing changeovers on 24/12 and 31/12 (apart from Italy and Andorra 19/12 and 26/12). We don't want to go for Christmas and can't leave on the 31/12 as our son has to be back at school on the Tuesday after New Year.

IMHO these changover dates are complete madness. New Year is supposed to be a mega peak week but is now ruled out for anyone with kids at school.

Pete
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
An update. We have decided to fly to Milan on the 26th Dec for 7 nights. Flights came in at a very reasonable £90 return from Brum for the three of us (thanks to Airmiles). Also booked a highly rated B&B in Cervinia for £1300. We'll hire a car for the 90 min drive.

We were going to try Soldeu but the transfer times looked grim and I didn't fancy the layout of the town.

Flight to Innsbruck are looking pricey and I didn't fancy our chances with a Monday to Monday booking.

Pete
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy