Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 12th to 19th - Chamonix: Anyone looking to put together a group?

Poster: A snowHead
It's not looking good this year Sad

None of my usual friends can find the same free weeks (work, kids, usual commitments ...).

Was hoping to ski in Chamonix for a week (March 5th or 12th ...).

If there are any lone(ly) Snowheads out there, or just anyone interested in sharing accomodation/costs etc in a small group (say up to 5/6) for Chamonix that week (or anywhere not too far from Geneva) - maybe we could organise something.

There are some interesting options on flats/chalets for that week in Chamonix at reasonable prices (out of School holidays I guess).

Skiers, boarders - any level (all pistes, venture off-piste) , any age (I'm just the wrong side of 40!), and gender (male!)!

Personally, I love the whole experience (the skiing, the food, the bars) - and Chamonix is great for all of that.

Bottom line: I just can't face the prospect of enduring a winter in the UK without getting back up the Grands Montets Happy.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 23-01-11 15:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Same position myself. I went for UCPA in Flaine for the same week - am a tad over 40 myself but they will stretch the upper age limit. Good value too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can do either week in March and am more than happy to share but I'm looking for a cheaper holiday so it would depend on what sort of accom etc. Don't mind where - why Chamonix?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It possible I might be able, I like the sound of Charmonix, just one thingit would be better the 12th than the 5th due to French / Dutch holidays, should be quieter as of the 13th.

What sort of cost. accomadation are you looking at Charlie? are you in Grenoble at the moment?

LD

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 20-01-11 12:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately I'm back in the UK at the moment (had spent the entire season last year working in Grenoble - which was nice!). Chamonix is obviously great for skiing (five main ski areas from Brevent to Grand Montet and even the Vallee Blanche), and nice also because of the town (so you're not stuck in a resort). Depending on how many people there are, sSelf catered apartments work out cheaply - around 900-1200 Euro maybe for a 5/6 person place: which obviously works out pretty cheap when split. Let's see how many people there are.

All that said, happy to go elsewhere as well but do need to fly into Geneva because all of my equipment is there at a friends place.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, Where would you look to fly from. I am interested.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd probably take a Liverpool to Geneva flight - but I guess the plan could involve people flying in separately to Geneva, meeting there or at the ski destination. Flights are pretty reasonably priced for the 5th or 12th at the moment. Cheers, CL
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd be flying from Bristol probably - Wendy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Everyone - Sorry, been offline a while. I'll try to post some links to accommodation options in Chamonix. Week starting March 12th looking most likely - see above from Lightingdan regarding Dutch and French holidays. If anyone still looking for options for that week -- all welcome.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.chamonix.com/online-booking-self-catered

Well, I just booked flight tickets to Geneva (March 12th-19th) because the prices were low. Figured I can figure out where to stay after. Seems to be plenty of availability in Chamonix for that week at the moment.

Anyone still interested for those dates, and destination, let me know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes I'm interested - where are you flying from and when? I could possibly book the same flight and travel together?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Wendy - I booked my flights: EasyJet Liverpool to Geneva (March 12th, returning March 19th). Can't remember flights times offhand (will check) but I think the arrival is around 18h00 Geneva. In fact, I also reserved a small apartment close to Brevent in Chamonix (conveniently 20 meters from the beginner area and telecabine up the mountain). I noticed that availability was decreasing rapidly!

Here's the agent: http://www.agence-des-drus.com/fr/lo.v2.html

The place I took would sleep 4/5 (more likely four unless there's a couple/there is one bedroom with 3 singles and one living area/double bed - looks nice though). Price was 660 euro (plus additional charges).

Could transfer deposit to a larger place (950 euro, sleeps 8 in three bedrooms) in L'Astoria through Agence Drus Chamonix - but I didn't want to take the risk at the moment in case I end up going by myself.

Now keeping fingers crossed for the snow Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi do you want to email me ? tuesgirl.w@gmail.com and arrange?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be around Chamonix (& Verbier) that week (12-19th) if any of ye guys would like to meet up to ski?

I intend to head to Verbier for 2-3 days from the 12th (conditions dependent) and then ski Argentiere from the 15-19th say- let me know if that fits any of your plans? I'd be interested in having a ski buddy for Verbier particularly if someone was interested. I'm just north of 40 and enjoy challenging off piste skiing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does it have to be Chamonix? We have a space for the same week;

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=72844

James.
snow report
horgand - Mayflower and myself are going to Chamonix that week - it would be fun to meet up if you are in town. Argentiere/Grand Montets is definitely on the cards Happy You can PM either myself or Mayflower and we can swap contact details. Flighrisk - already booked accom for Cham - but your place looks wonderful.

We're possibly also looking for one -maybe two others (female might be easier, but male also welcome). Price for week, based on four sharing would be roughly 115 euros each for the week (total cost is 660 euros). The studio is 40 m2 with one bedroom (3 x single beds) and a double pullout in the lounge area. Can PM further details.

The studio is a few meters (literally) from the slopes of Brevent - and close to the town centre (just across from the Club Med if you already know Chamonix).
ski holidays
Hi Charlie, very interested if you're still looking for skiiers to join your group please PM me. I'm a good intermediate, same age group and based near Leeds. Thanks, Nigel

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 8-02-11 21:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Hi Charlie, I am interested if you're still looking for skiiers. Do you have any more details.

Regards

Kevin
snow conditions
Hi Guys - Just seen your messages. We're still looking - I'll forward details. Kevin - send me a PM and I'll email the accomodation details to you too. It is pretty basic - not catered or anything. Total cost is around 660-680 EURO (with tax etc) for week / 4 makes about 160-170 EURO each for the week (pretty cheap IMO). But place is modern and clean, balconies etc, though smallish (40 m sq) - but shouldn't feel too small when you're gliding down the slopes next door Happy
ski holidays
CharlieL,
Hi Charlie, very interested. Please PM the accom details. Thanks, Nigel
snow report
We still have one place spare to join 2 males and a female (40+). Chamonix March 12-19th - small apartment in town by Brevent area. Cheap (around 180 euro pp/w for accommodation). Let me know people!
ski holidays
hi just noticed your post and looking to get away that week myself sounds the sort of thing i`m looking for i`m 39 male intermediate skier,let me know if theres still space and more details if you have them.
thx
ski holidays
Hi Burnie -- If you send me a PM with your email address I'll send you all of the details asap. Cheers, CL
latest report
Hi all,
if anyone has 2 spots in Chamonix for the week of the 12th would you PM me please - for 1 31yr female intermediate snowboarder and 1 32yr male "advanced" (so he reckons) snowboarder - not a couple so looking for twin room or each to share twin with someone of same sex.
Failing that (as he will be off climbing on a couple of the days) if anyone in Cham that week is up for some decent reds/blacks or hiring a guide for a day would love to hear from you !
Cheers
Hilary
snow report
Hil79 - We might have two spare places in a small apartment (three singles in one room with two sharing double on couch pullout. Pm me your email address and I can send you the details if you are interested - so far three of us: One female from Snowheads (Mayflower), myself and one of my brothers (we can share the pullout). Would work out v. cheap with five: around 130 euro each for the week). Right by Brevent slopes/lift and in town.

Not catered obviously, but has kitchen. Small place, but clean and modern (two balconies - or so it looks like from the pics).

- in any event it would be great to meet up. If you want to send me a PM we can swap contact details - looking forward to going up the GM - plenty of decent blacks up there (and keeping fingers crossed for some fresh powder).
latest report
Thanks Charlie, now we have another person to add to the mix (driving me mad all this organising !)
Will PM you for a meet
latest report
I have sweet accommodation to let in Cham, PM me if we can help.
snow report
Hi Charlie,

Do you have a place for one female 37 year old. Intermediate skier,

My e mail address is adelesb28@yahoo.co.uk

Adele
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi - Maybe, had a few enquiries but none confirmations on the last place. I'll send you the details.
snow report
Charlie, I pm'd you a few days ago but have not heard back from you. Are you fully booked now?
snow report
Hi Snowman - Sorry, I think I missed that. I'll get back to you. We still have a place.
snow conditions
Hi Guys,

I'll be up in Chamonix and skiing from the 17th onwards with my family. I intend to crack the steeper slopes and off piste bits that my kids couldn't do until now. So if any of you want to tag along with a BASI instructor and are looking for a few free tips, if one of you PMs me I'll let you have a phone number.

Simon
ski holidays
CharlieL wrote:
It's not looking good this year Sad

None of my usual friends can find the same free weeks (work, kids, usual commitments ...).

Was hoping to ski in Chamonix for a week (March 5th or 12th ...).

If there are any lone(ly) Snowheads out there, or just anyone interested in sharing accomodation/costs etc in a small group (say up to 5/6) for Chamonix that week (or anywhere not too far from Geneva) - maybe we could organise something.

There are some interesting options on flats/chalets for that week in Chamonix at reasonable prices (out of School holidays I guess).

Skiers, boarders - any level (all pistes, venture off-piste) , any age (I'm just the wrong side of 40!), and gender (male!)!

Personally, I love the whole experience (the skiing, the food, the bars) - and Chamonix is great for all of that.

Bottom line: I just can't face the prospect of enduring a winter in the UK without getting back up the Grands Montets Happy.

hi peter here yes im interested please can you send the details my e-mail address is peter.alan@yahoo.co.uk thanks
peter
snow report
CharlieL,
Quote:

Hi CharlieL,

I now wish to go to Tignes/Val from the 12th to Wed 16th. But I'll be in Argentiere from Wed16th eve for the new snowfall due then. Would be happy to meet up for a drink or ski. We've a guide booked from Wed-Friday so probably saturday for a ski or any pm for a drink.

PM to let me know what suits.
thanks
Horgand
ski holidays
Thanks to everyone who has posted. This trip is now full. Would be great to meet with any other Snowheads who are heading out to Cham March 12-19th. Send me a PM on Snowheads! A good RV is the large bar called Cafe La Terrace in Place Balmat (http://www.laterrassechamonix.com) - opposite the post-office, by the river (just down from the Mojo sandwich bar!
snow report
Sorry I couldn't go along, but I wish you all luck and happy skiing!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy