Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flybe - new winter routes ex Exeter and Norwich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A quick post to mention Flybe's "new winter routes" to Chambéry and Geneva, from Exeter and Norwich.....

http://www2.flybe.com/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
But they seem to have dropped Southampton to Chambery. Damn - that was good for me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kuwait_ian, so they have. It's a bit annoying when routes chop and change like that, but predictable nonetheless. Something to remember when buying property aboad - the longevity of air links is by no means guaranteed. A large number of people were caught out, having bought property in the Dordogne on the strength of the Buzz route to Bergerac - which was abandoned when Ryanair took them over.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flybe are doing Bergerac from Birmingham, Bristol & Southampton. Not a lot of use if you live in the S.E. however.

The Exeter & Norwich flights to Chambery are weekly Saturdays only - so you risk congestion at the little airport and on the roads.
Shame they've killed off the midweek flights from Southampton. Plane was full both ways when I used them last January.

Ah well ....... these things happen.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Didn't Flybe have direct flights from Brimingham, Jersey and Guernsey to Chambéry last year as well? Unsurprisingly no mention of these being cancelled in their press release!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes they did have Brum <-> Cham last winter. Dunno about the others though. Looks like this airline indulges in quite major switches of routings from year to year. Take care snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They also cut out the midweek flights from Southampton to Geneva and raised the prices significantly for the weekend routes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kuwait_ian,

they haven't released Southampton winter flights as yet (23 june midday) so all is not lost.........
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For once good news for those of us who live in Norwich Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
...and those of us who live 45mins from Exeter airport. How easy is it to access the 3V from Chambery ? Is there public transport? And Geneva - what's the best way to get to Morzine / Megeve etc? Cheers
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
erica2004, for Megève, train to Sallanches followed by bus or taxi. Someone told me there was a direct bus from Geneva Airport, which might be true.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flybe's site is down right now - 'due to exceptional demand' - so I cannot check. But D G Orf has posted elsewhere that they will be doing Southampton to Chambery and Geneva again together with new routes to Berne and Salzburg. No reason to disbelieve him.
Good news for those in the S.E.
If you can find accommodation for mid-week travel it avoids the crowds and gives you lowest prices.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flights from Southampton to Berne will be on Fridays Saturdays and Mondays, most days the prices are about £35 each way including taxes which means a return trip to Berne Airport is under £70 Ideal for those who wish to get to the Jungfrau Region of Switzerland, mind you having got there it's probably cheaper to hire a car at the airport and leave it at the Interlaken office less than an hour away
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No mention of Southampton Chambéry yet in the Flybe mail "New winter routes - win a Freelander!" received at lunchtime. DGO, where do you get this info?

[edit sorry it's me, I can't read... the trick was to tell us it's a new route when it's not...]
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG, Laughing Laughing Laughing

But I've already got a Freelander, do you think if I won another I could get it delivered to Switzerland wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy