Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs/La Plagne question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am heading to Vallandry (part of Les Arcs ski area) for the third time on Friday. The previous times I've been the Vanoise Express has not been working/was not built!

I'm off for 10 days and have booked a 7 day Tribu Pack with 3 mates that gives heavily discounted lift pass for the Les Arcs area for 18-28 year olds.

This pass does not however cover the whole Paradiski area - it excludes La Plagne.

I'd like to know if it is worth skiing La Plagne on the other days or will there be enough to occupy us in Les Arcs and Peisey-Vallandry?

How does the Piste and more specifically the off piste at La Plagne compare to the Les Arcs area?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what's your ability / enthusiasm level?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's plenty of skiing in Les Arcs to keep you happy for a long time, unless you prefer to never ski the same piste twice in which case an extension to ski La Plagne would add to the mileage you have available.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with rob@rar, who should know. I think you can get a one day extension to La Plagne if you don't want to pay for the whole week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with rob@rar, as well, plenty enough in Les Arcs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In three weeks this year so far I've been over once, and unless something special crops up, probably won't again.
Regret having to buy a paradiski season pass, Les Arcs would have been fine.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
N1VEN, When you come to Les Arcs for 10 days, getting a one day extension is a good way to see a lot of La Plagne if you are an ok skier. If you like to do new stuff every day then having two or three days over there could also be fun, but more than that in 10 days unless you really like the off piste is not needed.

allanm, Sorry to disagree, but for me, being here for the season means I would always get the paradiski pass. La Plagne has loads to offer and is also a great place to ski when you know where to go. The off piste can be amazing there as well. Doing the Challenge is always fun when it is better to ski on piste. Toofy Grin Next time you are out you need to come and join us when we go over there, think you will then change your mind. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowcrazy wrote:

allanm, Sorry to disagree, but for me, being here for the season means I would always get the paradiski pass.

With regard to the OP, we're not talking about you or me though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Enthusiasm level is 10 and ability level is probably an 8 or 9, Will be intending to pursue some of the more 'challenging' off piste on offer. Toofy Grin

Perfectly happy skiing the same runs as invariably there is plenty of fun to be had off the side and through the trees!

Another question I have is in relation to the water splash at Les Arcs - please tell me it's still there as I am fully intending to mankini it towards the latter stages of one of the days!!

Snowcrazy and allanm - thankyou for your many insightful Les Arcs posts and snowcrazy for your daily updates on the facebook page - compulsive viewing.

Cannot believe that I havent stumbled across this forum earlier!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
N1VEN wrote:
Another question I have is in relation to the water splash at Les Arcs - please tell me it's still there as I am fully intending to mankini it towards the latter stages of one of the days!!!
It is still there, but won't be open at this time of year. It's a late season thing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
been there twice and always from La Plagne, it was a bit of a slepp getting back from arc to plagen, as we were all the way over in the plagne 1850 area so lots of lifts. off piste was better in plagne, but then not exploring as much in arc would mean i have that opinion. but 1 day is always fun over the other side
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy