Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel DH

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I didn't buy Januarys Fall Line, I'll look out for it. It's been my ambition to go see the Kitz DH race for years. I was working in Soll a couple of years ago and visited Kitz in the Summer. Seeing the course first hand, although Green, just showed how steep it was in sections. I really need to try and go next year. To ski the course like yourself, would be cool also.

I raced SL and GS in La Plagne for a whole season. Every week. It was my best season ever. From that experience, it still amases me, how these guys and gals get down some of the Downhill courses in a tuck. They all have my complete admireation.

Fair play to you Peter. Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Ross, thanks!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, Yes, I only got the last 15 minutes or so. Kicking myself for forgetting about web-viewing Mad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spud - I did the same years ago during a summer trip there. Like you say, even though it was totally green you get an idea how steep it is. They must have some bottle to head down that as fast as they can !!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mobskaardal wrote:
Spud - I did the same years ago during a summer trip there. Like you say, even though it was totally green you get an idea how steep it is. They must have some bottle to head down that as fast as they can !!

I totally agree...years of experience i suppose. And a 'No Fear' mentality.

I suppose the more experience you gain the better you become.

I remember a friend of mine coming out to see me, after i had done a season skiing. We had grown up together and had the same skiing ability.

When we skied that first week together, i wondered why my mate couldn't keep up. His response was 'F... me, You've improved'...even though i still felt the same ability.

The more you practice, the better you become, sometimes without realising it. I suppose you also lose some of that fear of speed.

I presume it's the same for a lot of DH Racers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
That was a really horrible crash - I hope he recovers as well as Albrecht did and is able to return to skiing at the highest level.

The slope is incredibly bumpy and icy even for the Streif free online movies
. I saw that they had closed it off and were preparing it 2 weeks ago (probably been closed longer) The warm weather and rain last week must have made keeping a good surface nigh on impossible.

Good post. I appreciate it!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
patrick198, welcome to spamheads
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy