Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel DH

Poster: A snowHead
Training cancelled today due to rain Sad , just heard a report here that Michi Walchofer will possibly have to miss the start after suffering an accident in SG training up on Hinterreit this morning. A shame as this is his last season and he was in good form.

http://www.hahnenkamm.com/welcome.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just watching the DH training and the Mäusfalle has claimed its first victim, is it my imagination or it the jump even bigger this year? Looks like it´s going to be a very difficult race, the piste is very icy , more so than in previous years and extremely bumpy. Think they may have to build that jump down a bit unless they want to have some serious injuries on Saturday. Crying or Very sad
Primoz, where are you?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky, Walchhoffer was 10th in today´s training run so seems ok
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plugboy, Did you see how swollen his neck was? Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hans Grugger injured in trainning today - serious head and chest injury. Hope he makes a full recovery.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DB wrote:
Hans Grugger injured in trainning today - serious head and chest injury. Hope he makes a full recovery.

That was a big crash!!!! Shocked Just saw it on Austrian TV - will not post a link, but you can find it on YouTube if you so wish

His head took a huge impact. Austrian news has just reported that he is undergoing surgery. Fingers crossed that everything works out ok
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That was a really horrible crash - I hope he recovers as well as Albrecht did and is able to return to skiing at the highest level.

The slope is incredibly bumpy and icy even for the Streif. I saw that they had closed it off and were preparing it 2 weeks ago (probably been closed longer) The warm weather and rain last week must have made keeping a good surface nigh on impossible.

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ouch!

Hope he and his face recover soon! Looks like he dragged his face on the ice for a fair bit.

All the best to him Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://magazin.skiinfo.de/xfiles_a6/1170427119_1137.jpg undergoing surgery now, hope he makes a quick recovery, he is very much loved here in Salzburg .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Horrible fall. He is now in Intensive Care after his operation. I think the fact he "dragged his face on the ice for a fair bit" is the least of his worries.

Good luck to him.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The operation went well but it's too early to say what if any damage has been done.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have just spoken to one of the Austrian team speed coaches (ex GB team) and he said that "the situation is very very serious"
We all hope he pulls through with no lasting effects.
They are very very brave to ski that course. Thats the 3rd serious injury in 3 years.

All our best wishes go out to him
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Plugboy, I have had this conversation many many times with the coaches, are the courses in combination with the new material too much for the athletes?
Do the course builders build impossible tracks that attract the viewers but risk the athletes?
Looking at Gruggers run today it was easy to see he made an error in that the turn was not properly executed before he went over the Mäusefalle, but every year there is a serious injury, you as the father of a speed athlete must surely worry?
Our trainer(AUT) shrugged his shoulders and said the athletes know the score, and the show must go on.I just don´t know.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BTW if anyone want to hedge bets I am going with Innerhofer or Miller, Innerhofer really attacked the Streif as if it was nothing, and Bode just sauntered down Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kooky, Yes I do worry. So does his Mum!
TJ has had 3 major crashes in speed, 2 in DH + 1 in SG. All resulted in just bad bruising and stiffness thankfully. Plus 3 trashed pairs of skis! The last one was in the first training run for the Mens WC DH at Lake Louise this season.
He said that you have to be 100% confident in your ability to even think about skiing Kitzbuhel.
Mind you he txt me after the Beever Creek WC DH training run and said "This is such fun"! The Birds of Prey course is pretty hairy so they certainly blank out the danger.
ski holidays
[BBC] Skiing 1030-1130 Live coverage of the World Cup Men's Downhill from Kitzbuehel. Not available on Freeview
snow report
nozawaonsen, F'in typical. The BBC need to get their act together over their freeview digital coverage in several areas not just skiing Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
"Bitterly cold" in Kitz this morning apparently. Looks like a mix of sun and low cloud. The Mausefalle has been tweaked a bit apparently to make it less aggressive following Grugger's fall. Imagine there must be lots of red and white hats and flags and Gosser beer being drunk...
latest report
Olsson almost lost it on the Mauseffalle... But recovers...

Werner Heel has it for now. Here comes the first Austrian! Goes third...

Bode time...
ski holidays
Bode Miller. Storming run. Steels first for now...
snow conditions
I'm looking forward to what should be a very exciting race, hopefully will be able to watch it online.
snow conditions
Peter Ross, you're missing it now!

Bode has 0.66s lead!

Kitzbuhel looking rather good actually. Nice sugary covering in the trees. Sun breaking through.
ski holidays
Darn, I thought it started at 11:30, missed Bode Sad
snow report
First 15 down. Bode still in the lead. Some serious players coming now. Walchhofer (slightly injured) heads off...

And he's fallen.

Doesn't look too bad. But race over for him... (Austrian's will be gutted).
snow conditions
Have it online now
snow conditions
Didier shows Bode the way to do it! Toofy Grin
snow report
Cuche. Amazing run. Almost a second ahead of Bode. (Austrian's will be gutted wink )
snow report
Cuche has a decent lead now
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...drinking Ovaltine to celebrate ......................
ski holidays
Damn thing keeps stopping and starting on MyPremium TV online Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Hurtle, working fine on Eurosport HD Toofy Grin
latest report
Hurtle, Try this one http://www.everythingon.tv/channel/view/eurosport-4
snow report
jonm, thanks, very helpful. rolling eyes
snow report
Hurtle, wink
snow conditions
ORF have done a great job with the camera angles.

Looks like a terrific day in Kitzbuhel.
ski holidays
Ouch.
ski holidays
Aaahhh, found it on the BBC Sport website Very Happy
ski holidays
halfhand, thanks, but too late. Sad Slalom tomo morning, but will have to make do with Ski Sunday for the Downhill highlights.
snow report
Peter Ross wrote:
Hurtle, Try this one http://www.everythingon.tv/channel/view/eurosport-4

Thanks for that link...Great viewing.

Easy to say after the event, but's that the first time in years where i have predicted the correct Top Two. Wish i had put some money on it now.

Looks great in Kitz too.
snow report
spud, I was there last year, a great day out, if you saw the January addition of Fall-line Skiing you might have seen my pic snowHead

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy