Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake Tahoe Snow Conditions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Tahoe in the middle of next week. Slightly worried having followed the weather for the last few weeks - despite record snowfalls in December the weather has come incedibly warm - 15 celcius recorded yesterday apparently!!!! Is there anyone out there at the moment who can comment on how the snow is holding up and whether any storms are forecast??? Think I'll pack my shorts and T shits just in case!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nickr, Hmmm... -15c usually feels a bit nippy to me wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nickr, .. and whatever it is your planning to pack..... Shocked Shocked Shocked

See what you mean about the temps though....around +10c at Squaw yesterday lunchtime Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hahaha, you see how stressed out I'm getting, can't even spell SHIRT anymore! Help!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nickr wrote:
Off to Tahoe in the middle of next week. Slightly worried having followed the weather for the last few weeks - despite record snowfalls in December the weather has come incedibly warm +15 celcius recorded yesterday apparently!

We went to Tahoe this time last year and got dumped on...250cms in 10 days. (it was an El Nino year which is good for Tahoe, bad for Canada apparently)

Going to Canada tomorrow...which has just got dumped on...110cms in the last week and more forecast for Thursday/Friday. Last year was sh*t there. (it's La Nina this year i.e. vice versa)

Both trips were booked several months advance. :smug:

Anyway...I'm sure you'll still have a great time as it's a fantastic part of the world with loads of places to explore, even if there's no powder. Must be still lots of snow left from the December storms. Hope you enjoy the sunshine and lake views. I will have to be putting up with overcast skies, fresh snow clogging up everywhere and freezing cold temps...FFS wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://unofficialnetworks.com/2011/01/17/super-storm-imminent-for-california-usgss-arkstorm-40-day-storm-10-feet-of-water/

This may be too late for you, but if you're still there when it hits you might no be coming home for a while. Enjoy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^Read about that on a weather forum, but if over 40days that would be about 100ft of snow, the rate of snow fall wouldn't actually be much greater than during the big storm in 2005 which dumped about 22feet on Kirkwood in 14 days!! Not a single day stormbound either! By week 3 though finding the actual lifts might be getting difficult.... snowHead

A couple of days ago Kirkwood's snow report stated 'highs in the upper 60s/low 70s'. Not what you probably want to here if your a powder hound, but when I was out there there was a spell where we were nudging upper 70s in Feb, actually had 'low 80s' on the snow report one day and got a reading of the riot act from the CEO!! Despite fairly recent snow, after a few days of being baked in those temperatures the snow had morphed into superb granular spring snow, if you weren't out on first lift it was just beautiful to ski on, chuck away all the cold weather gear and ski superb snow in a T-shirt. If the base is deep, don't worry about these temps, enjoy them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy